Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50e New User Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSittingHere

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2022
US

Good evening,

In an attempt to narrow down my Caller ID issue on the BCM, I've connected an Analog Set w/CID (on 233) to the BCM. I have assigned the set to the trunk (061) and selected Prime Line as Line:061.

The 7324 is currently not connected to the BCM, but it also has a Prime Line value of Line:061.

I can receive calls on the Analog Set and after the second ring, it does display Caller ID.

However, when I try to dial out, I get the dial tone and then a fast busy after the first dialed digit. So, I can receive calls, but not make calls.

I have a feeling I missed an obvious step somewhere. Could someone please direct me to the step I missed?

My second question - when booting the BCM I get a Warning : Time adjustment detected which is larger than provisioned. provisioned=10(s) actual=430654432 (s) and the first two log entries are year 2036. Is there an equivalent of a BIOS battery (or cap) in the BCM that's dead and unable to keep system time when the BNCM is powered off?

Thank you for the help. The collection of BCM manuals that I have and Google don't seem to be much help.

Jim

It sounds like you are getting intercom dial tone and when you try to dial out you are dialing starting to dial something that is not in the extension range. Easy test is to try dialing an extension and see if that works and if it does you will just need to dial the pool code for the pool assigned to that set and you should be good to go.

Thank you monkey101. That was the issue and I can dial an extension at the dial tone. I assigned Prime Line Pool:A to the analog set and assigned 8 to Pool Code A.

However, when I dial 8 on the analog set, it's trying to use line 64 and gets no dial tone. I only have line 61 and can't find a setting in BEM to either force line 61 to this set, or mark 62, 63 and 64 as inactive so it defaults to 61.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Jim

As a follow-up - I assigned unused lines 62, 63 and 64 to Pool B. Pool B has no sets assigned to it.

I can now dial 8 and get line 61 dial tone. It seems to work, but I'm not sure this is the correct way to accomplish this.

Jim

Partially correct, to keep programming clean we would change a line to "Public".
This way the next tech would not have to worry about a line being in Pool X.

As for the Time you have 3 choices:
-Use Caller ID, so when a call comes in it's caller id will change the time.
-Manual, change time via F**TIME or via BEM
-NTP Server - like time.windows.com see a list here
Once you set it see if that keeps.

Manuals
All the guides are on the BCM itself, all 50 of them!
Enter your BCM's IP in the browser to find all the things you need including software's.
Note you may not be able to connect to the web pages on a BCM, TLS 1 & 1.1 is no longer supported on Windows Edge/IE or Chrome etc but Waterfox and Firefox still support it.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks curlycord. I changed those unused lines to Public and removed the 8 assignment from Pool A. Much cleaner. Plus, dial 9 for outside line now also works.

I did find those docs and have retrieved a few of them. Plugged a USB into the front port and started backups.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back