Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 web interface issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMITSpec

MIS
Aug 13, 2001
US
I manage two Nortel BCM50s. Recently one of the systems has been having issues with CallPoint Manager and other applications, other than the Nortel Business Management Element. Just the web interface. I noticed this when I went to change a couple of voice mailboxes. I had no issues with it when I changed a voice mailbox a few months ago. The other system I can log into CallPoint Manager without any problems, make necessary changes I need. I've rebooted the BCM50 to see if that would fix the web interface issue, but it hasn't. I mainly use Mozilla Firefox v3.6.23, Internet Explorer 8 when needed, and recently tried Google Chrome. None of the browsers completely downloads and shows the CallPoint Manager mailbox list entirely. On the other BCM50 I can without any problems. I am at wits end here. I will shut down the BCM50 in question later this evening and leave it off for about 15 minutes and then power it up. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks!

I would suggest having fully patched. Also, in Business Element Mgr, in Administration, Services, check to see that all services are running except the one that says something like APCUPS.

Thanks oldestgeek. I've checked the services and the only service not running is APCUPS. I've rebooted once, and completely shut it down for about 10-15 minutes; that didn't work. I'm new to Nortel BCM50, how does one patch these systems?

What is odd is that in July I was able to get into the CallPoint Manager web interface without any issues and make the changes I needed; but last week when I went to make changes the web interface was very slow and and would time out; the BCM image doesn't even load properly. The other BCM50 I can get into without any issues and it is located at a different office. The one that is having issues is in the same building as I am. I did notice that voice mail versions are different. One is 43.03.14.22 and the other is 43.03.15.22.

I did change the default password on the one having issues back in July and didn't reboot...would this be the issue? Just seems odd that one has issues and the other doesn't.

Check if mailboxes have unread messages. then clean up
you can see the red lamp on telephones

When you say you're going in the web interface, are you launching it from Element Manager or are you going directly in via your web browser?

tlecodog,

Both through BEM and web browser. Both routes same results...slow to the point of timing out.

@morenot,

Telephones are dispersed throughout several buildings and it would take time to visit each telephone to see if there are voice mail messages. Plus there are some staff on leave and I would hate to delete their voice mail messages.

Any thoughts on why one of the CallPilot Manager is so slow? It worked before, but now I cannot even manage the voice mail boxes.

Maybe you need reinstall callpilot

How to use feature 982 to re-install and re-initialize the CallPilot on the BCM?

Document Id: KB90000471
Last Modified Date: 07-15-2010
Support Goal(s): Business Communications Manager
Access Level: Public

Description (Problem Clarification)

Goal:
How to use feature 982 to re-install and re-initialize the CallPilot on the BCM?

Fact:
Business Communications Manager
BCM
BCM All Versions
CallPilot

Resolution Plan

Fix:
Enter Feature Code 982
Display=Pswd
Password=OPERATOR (67372867)
Display=Choose Option, OPER or MODE
Select OPER
Display=Atdt Avail:N, CHNG or NEXT
Enter 1 (Digit 1 on telephone-pad)
Display=Pswd
Password=REINSTALL (734678255)
Display=Reset Database ?, YES or NO
Select YES

Suerte!!

JLMT//

Thanks for the information morenot! Will re-installing and re-initializing lose my current configuration and setup?

Befor you can make a Backup of BCM
then restore ....

morenot,

Do you have a link or a document that explains this? I do have the BCM50 Administration Guide.

Is it possible that something within CallPilot got corrupted, thus not allowing me to fully logon through a web browser?

For those that have replied and made suggestions; thanks! Found out what the issue or cause was. Our router had been replaced last fall, so I suspect the cause is the routing table or some other router configuration. I don't have access to the router, but since the BCM50 is on a class B IP address range and our LAN is on a private 10 dot address range, I decided to assign my computer a class B IP address, lo and behold the issues of accessing the BCM50's web interface disappeared! Thanks for all your suggestions!

Another update: the Cisco router was set to "Full" on the FE0 port and the HP ProCurve switch set to "Auto" and CRC errors as a result. Once the router configuration on FE0 was changed to "Auto" I am now able to navigate the BCM50 web interface without any timing out issues. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back