Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 upgrade. Quick response would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnctechdotcom

Technical User
Jan 9, 2007
US
Just completed a 1.0 to 3.0 upgrade for a BCM50 and all went well. Loaded all of my 3.0 patches and the system is runnning fine. I am scheduled to do the 3.0 to 5.0 on Monday, but my question is: Since I am going to 5.0, do I need to run the 3.0 image file? It would seem that this would be un-necessary for I am going to 5.0 but I am a little concerned that the 3-5 upgrade won't behave if I don't have the 3.0 image file loaded. I would rather not do the 3.0 image file because of time restraints.

you dont have to do it. wait until after its upgraded to 5 then load the 5.0 image.

I agree with bluemr2. You don't need it. However, personally I would do it as it is not service impacting and would only take an hour or so.

The reason I would do it is, if you have to do a level 2 reset due to issues with the R5 uprade (which are not uncommon) you would go back to R1, nullifying the time you have just put in.

you two are awesome responding so fast. One concern though: I just downloaded some 5.0 patches. I noticed that the first thing that was mentioned on this 5.0 patch was make sure the 5.0 image is ran before this 5.0 smart update. Hopefully that isn't the case with the 3.0 for I DID NOT run the 3.0 image, but loaded a bunch of patches. Yikes-

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. What's done is done. You should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back