Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Unified Messaging and outlook 2010 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mynameisEarl1959

Programmer
May 12, 2008
US
Customer upgraded their outlook from version 2007 to 2010 and ALL UM stopped working. I don't see a patch. Does anyone have any paths or answers to follow? Thanks Earl

you can try to set up message forwarding.

NTL555

NTL555 I thank you but a patch hath been made and uploaded. Works great!

Where did you get the patch. I've been looking for one for at least 5 months for BCM 400 with Unified Messaging and Outlook 2010. Please let me know where you got it from, my customer is fit to be tied..............Thanks

I just installed outlook 2010 an now unified messaging sends error message when opening a message. BCM50 R3.0 Where did you get the patch? mynameisearl1959 Thanks

I have an AVAYA account and downloaded lastest patches, any way of sending patches to you?

Here is workaround for Outlook 2010 that doesn't require Unified Messaging:

Note: CallPilot v4 or v5 Desktop Messaging client does NOT need to be installed; regardless, if you attempt this you'll receive the error "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client." which you can safely ignore; Outlook likely IS set as the default mail client already. I uninstalled mine completely.

Open Outlook and select File>Account Settings (or access the Outlook Mail Profiles via the Control Panel>User Accounts>Mail or change the Control Panel "View by:" option to "Large icons" or "Small icons" and select "Mail")

Within the "E-mail" tab, click "New", select "Manually configure server settings or additional server types", click 'Next"

In the "Add New Account">"Choose Service" window, select "Internet E-mail"; click "Next"

In the "Add New Account">"Internet E-mail Settings" window, Enter "Your Name:", an "E-mail Address" in a valid format, change the "Account Type:" to "IMAP", enter your Callpilot IP or DNS address in the "Incoming mail server", enter your organizations' existing SMTP server's IP/DNS address in the "Outgoing mail server (SMTP):" block; enter your voice-mail box extension in "User Name:" (e.g. 101) and your voice-mail box password under "Password:" (e.g. 1111); leave the "Require logon using SPA" box unchecked

Click "Next" to test the settings; or click "More Settings" to make some refinements, primarily which would be under the "General" tab on the "Mail Account" block; change the name here to better title the resulting .pst file that will be created.

After this, you're done and pretty much back to what you had under Outlook 2007 and before.

-SD-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back