Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Transfer to VM on Remote Networked Systems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtraPepper

Technical User
Sep 21, 2005
CA
Hello, I have a customer with 5 locations each with BCM 50's and each with independant Call Pilot (Non Centralized). They just switched to a central answering position and want to be able to see remote extension status and transfer calls directly to remote extension Mailboxes. I have the remote extension monitoring covered, anyone out there know how to get the remote Voice Mail Transfer acomplished?

RAJ Brown

Right off the top of my head I'm thinking building new Target Lines at each remote, then assign those Target Lines and the line number in the Express Messaging field of the mailbox.

-SD-

I don't believe it, my customer already has the call navigator and they did not know this was possible. How does it work? When they try and use the transfer voice mail it does not go to the remote system extension mailbox, nothing happens.

RAJ Brown

I've used Convertec also, it does the remote monitoring well. But, can't see how it's going to send a Ftr986 across a P-P or VoIP trunk. Ctiguy, plz explain.

Adversity is Opportunity

It is a complex operation but works quite effectivly. Each system that you want the ability to transfer to mailbox you will have to provide an extension dedicated to our application. We refer to this as our Assist DN. This extension will require system to system calling only with no line appearance. We suggest that it is a Nortel Soft Phone for ease use. Within our Console.NET or CALL Navigator software the attendant just requests that the call is transfered to the destination mailbox as she/he normally would for local extensions and away she goes into the destination mailbox at the remote site.

In the near future with BCM 450, we will no longer require a dedicated phone since we will be using some new features of the BCM 450 to acomplish the same operation.

ConverTecCTIGUY,

Feel free to share the new features being developped for the Bcm450...!

Convertecguy, I have the licenses for the soft phones and they able to call from system to system. How do I get the call navigator to work now as you described?

RAJ Brown

ExtraPepper

Open the ConverTec Communication Manager utility on the server and add your IP soft phone extensions under the "ASSIST DN" heading for each of your connected systems. If you have any trouble at all, simply connect me to your customer's PC using our web based Remote Assistance during the hours of 8:30-5:00 M-F.

http://www.gotoassist.com/sb/convertec
gberger,

Actually there is so much we can do with our software on existing BCM's as well as the new 450, I am waiting for permission from our owner to post a message that will allow technical users like yourself to decide what you want to see us develop for you. Hopefully he will give me an answer tomorrow and our next product may just be decided by users of this Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back