Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 to BCM50 transfer issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

option11newby

Technical User
Feb 18, 2004
Have a customer who has 2 BCM50 Rel 2, fully patched and linked with 4 Voip trunks.

Each BCM has analogue lines connected, they can call ext to ext across the BCM's with no problems.

If BCM A has a call and wishes to transfer over the Voip to BCM B it will not allow them to do this.

Do I require MCDN keycode for transfers to work?

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

Try enabling redirect on the sets or use the link feature

never thought of that, will get that tested with engineer who attends tomorrow

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

When you say "If BCM A has a call and wishes to transfer over the Voip" do you mean a set in Bcm A or the call Pilot in Bcm A Thru AA?

set in bcm A to transfer an incoming call over voip to a set in bcm B

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

how exactly are they trying to transfer? Should just be:

1) Answer call
2) Press Transfer
3) Dial Extension at other BCM
4) Hang up

If that doesn't work, how are they dialing between systems?

--DB

Enable Disconnection Supervisor on analog trunks on bcm A. This will help.

--------------------------
I'm from Russia...

As Khosher said, enable redirect on the sets. the system considers this and external transfer. you also need routing set up, but I beleive that is the only way to access a VOIP trunk, or can you do line pool codes?

Thanks for all your replies.

Enable redirect is activa on all extensions. Routing is in place because they can dial between sites with no issues.

I suspect it may be that the incoming analogue lines do not like trunk to trunk transfers???

We are hoping the customer is going to upgrade to isdn2 lines.

All settings mentioned in previous notes have been actioned.

Thanks again for your responses

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

I do it at several locations and it works fine, are you sure your testing on an inbound call, it only works on inbound, you cant call someone then try to tranfer them to the other site, ive burned lets of time testing that way before, it has to be an inbound call to site A or B to transfer to the other site.

definitely an inbound call, when the call is answered, press transfer followed by the extn number on other site and the display reverts back to normal and you are returned back to the incoming call.

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

Howabout Remote Service Packages? Do you have both trunks in the same package?

Adversity is Opportunity

Redirect DN is only required on call forwarding.

Remote Service Packages are only required when you want to have one system access trunks on another system.

Question: If you call from an extension within your office, can you transfer it across to the other system?

By default, trunk to trunk transfer is enabled, but as mentioned earlier, you can only transfer incoming calls..

This is an odd one... How are the routes/destination codes configured between the sites?

I know we can fix this!!

--DB

Thanks for all your replies, found out that the installer did not put target lines against the extns on both sites.

Reconfigured and all working now.

Thanks

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back