Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 T1 DID outbound 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillabdul

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2010
BS
I have a BCM50 with DTM module. Our service provider has supplied us with a T1-DID which works great for incoming calls. They also say that the T1 can be used for outbound calls as well. At present, we are using analog lines for outbound calls. I have tried to configure the lines on the T1 for outbound calls, but to no avail. Am I missing something?

Point taken. The carrier has said that they have allowed for outbound also.

Trunk type: DID
Line Type: DN:*
Dial Mode: Tone
Loss Package: Medium CO
Signaling: Link Start
Line Tuning Digit: 1
Auto Privacy: Yes
Restrictions: None
Assigned DNs: None

For Line Type have also tried public, but cannot put lines in a pool.

Ok PRI uses routes.
Build a route and allow set to Prime Line or access that routes.

See the FAQ's tab above for tip on Route building....maybe check BCM forum if they have a FAQ also.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Make your line type E&M on the lines you want to go out on so that you can use them both directions. Also program your routing to use them.

MarvO said it

My answer above is for a T-1, not PRI.
Depends on which type you are using.

MarvO said it

To add to marv01, make sure if it is a T1 that you make the lines Auto Answer also. That way it will accept the digits from the carrier like a normal DID trunk.

If the trunk type is set to DID you cannot use them for outbound calling. Make a change with your provider and use either E&M trunking or ISDN-PRI as both support inbound DID and outbound calling.

--DB

I have one of the lnes configured as E&M now, with Line Type as PoolB. Under routing, I have:
Route Use Pool DN Type
001 B Public(Unknown)
Destination Code 8 for Route 001 (SDT 8)

I want to put the lines in a pool (B) and use 8 as the code to call out.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like your on the right track, give the phone access to pool B and make a test call.

I have actually done this before, but with no joy. I gave a phone access and then dialed 8. I got a dial tone, but dialing a number didn't stop the dial tone, and then if I recall correctly I got a busy tone after that.

no busy, just a long dial tone, then the phone gives me 'not in service'

You need to make sure the trunks are the same at both ends. Just because you have a trunk as E&M in your phone system, it won't work unless your telco provider has provisioned their trunks in the same manner.

--DB

OK Curlycord,

It isn't the Nortel tech I need, but as DBrewsky suggests, I need to verify again with the telco. They have not been cooperative thus far, but I will give them another shot.

Thanks.

Ok, I got some assistance from them indirectly, and now we can use the lines to go out as well. If I configure the lines as:
E&M
Dial Mode: Pulse
Signaling: Immediate

I can make outgoing calls, but cannot receive incoming ones. If I change the signaling to Wink Start, then I can receive, but not dial out again. I can do half in and half out, but some of the incoming calls will go to the 'wrong' lines, and we will still have a problem.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back