Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Rls6 back from the dead, but still need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianMSDist

MIS
Apr 3, 2011
GB
Hi Folks,

I've managed to haul our BCM50Rls6 back from the dead, actually it was a hard disk failure, so have managed to install the factory version of Rls6 on to a new hard drive.

All going well, system boots, configure sets, happy bunny, but then I get to lines, and I can see my BRI lines but I can't access them, then I get the sinking feeling that I can't set them to 'Euro' and I remember seeing the country code set to NorthAmerica.

Ouch !

Just spent a very frustrating couple of hourse trying to work out how to get that back to UK -- I even went through creating an excel .sps file, but that failed to activate from a USB stick -- is there any 'other' way to beat this thing into submission ?

Please Help

Cheers

Bushy

What you might need to do is to carry out a couple of backups and then default the system back to day one and start again, but apply the keycodes first, then patches before attempting to do a reload of a backup again.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Hi David,

I don't have a backup config of the system !

The old hard drive failed -- the new hard drive took the BCM image from disk (now we didn't know if the 'new' hard disk would work -- so after blasting it with the image we put it on the BCM to see if it would boot up).

So it booted ok on the bench -- turned it off, put it back in place last night and away we go, is there a special setup on the first boot that allows for the country to be set ? If there is then this is what was missed as it was just 'test' booted on the bench to see that the 'new' hard disk would work OK ?

Cheers

Bushy

Hello Bushy

Do you have a copy of the BCM 450 keycodes?. I'm guessing that you don't?. It's best to contact me off line for the time being.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Firebird Scrambler

I have responded !

Many Thanks

Bushy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor