Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bcm50 remote teleworker

Status
Not open for further replies.

mylemon

Technical User
Jan 3, 2013
US
I have a bcm 50 rel 6.0. I want to install a remote teleworker. I cannot find a bcm50 teleworker only the avaya teleworker. Can I install a avaya rel 6.0 remote teleworker on the bcm 50? If i have to install a bcm 50 teleworker does anyone know the part number

These are separate things teleworker is an ip office license

For the bcm you need 1 nat traversal license and 1 ip set license per phone

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/Nortel

ACIS

will it allow me to do the following below? Do you know where I can buy a nat traversal lic?

The best way theses days is to upgrade your BCM to release 6.0 and use the Remote Teleworker feature. There are no VPN routers required and you can get a phone set up in about 60 seconds. You will need to get the remote teleworker license, enough licenses for the number of sets you want to register and the associated programming. The biggest thing you need to do is get the right ports forwarded in your internet router. You need to forward UDP ports 7000-7002 and 30000-30099 (BCM50) or 60000-60099 (BCM450) to the BCM's local ip address. Once you have that done, set your S1 address in the phone to the public ip address of your router. Plug the set into any internet connection and voila!

I've done this on a few systems now and it works fantastic! It is by far the easiest system out there as far as remote ip sets are concerned. A real feat on Nortel's part considering their sets were the worst nightmare out there to get working remotely

Yes , I actually set one up today

You need to set up the router for port forwarding. You also need to set up the provisioned public ip in the bcm to the public ip of the router

At that point set the s1 address to that of the public ip and set the port to 7000

Should come right up

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/Nortel

ACIS

You can get the license from any avaya vendor

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/Nortel

ACIS

Thanks. Will call you tomorrow at your office to discuss install. You
Are located near me.

I read this thread but came to a problem. My BCM50 does not have an integrated router port as described in the "configuration - remote worker" document (oct2010 version 1.04). Support told me that the newer bcm50's dont have it... however phoneguy610 said the following...

You also need to set up the provisioned public ip in the bcm to the public ip of the router

which leads me to beleive I do not have the most current information, or I am grossly overcomplicating this. What configuration needs to be done on my bcm50 assuming i have the ports forwarded correctly in my router and my phone is config'd right?

Finally, is this system designed for a truly mobile worker? when my client takes this preconfigured vpn phone to a hotel will it work the same as if they plugged it into their home network?

This has been setup this way for a while I think there is a newer doc tho ill try and find it

And yes as long as they are not blocking ports it should work wherever

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/SyntelSolutions

ACIS

"Will work for stars

I've run into some problems at certain hotels and initiating the IP connection. At Any of the Marriott hotels, that use Ibahn Guest services, I've been pretty successful at using the remote phone at that location. What I do is call the Internet provider and tell them that I want to manually activate the Connection in my hotel room. They will usually ask for the Mac address of the phone and then establish the connection to your room. Why does this all needed? Well normally to establish An Internet connection you have to login to the hotel's web browser and then enter a username and password. By calling the Internet service provider you have them manually activate it. Now unfortunately some smaller hotel chains do not have Internet service providers that are familiar with this process. I run into problems with those particularly in New York City. Another problem is that once you activate the wired connection in your hotel room only one Mac address is available per connection. A lot of times if you want to log your laptop into the room it's either the phone or the laptop. Does anyone know any easier way around this? All-optical one would be a Softphone on the laptop.

"Keep the Peace, Use RLS"

I have upgraded a BCM RLS3.0 to 6.0 and applied a NAT Traversal license, open up ports on router. I have managed to get a i2004 handset to work,having problem getting the clients 1230IP handsedt to work which he had previously working as an IP handset inthe office. I need to know how to resst the phone to enter the S1& S2 details and enable DHCP... does anyone know how??

I believe factory reset is **73639 then the MAC address followed by ##

If you don't know how to set the s1 address and dhcp you should
Probably call a tech out

You need to swipe the soft keys followed by color*set

Then enter the info there

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/SyntelSolutions

ACIS

"Will work for stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search