Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Rel 6 issues please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMallers

Technical User
Jul 31, 2012
GB
I have a BCM50 that i have just uprgraded to Rel 6 and now cannot access CallPilot Manager via element manager or via any web browser. I have applied the software update patch and also the desktop udate patch and still no joy. I am also unable to access the "ip subsystem" tab in element manger and keep getting the error message "error getting host info". I have power cycled the system and also tried a warm reset but this does not solve the problems. PLEASE HELP :(!!!!!

this happened to me once i had to replace the HDD

it wasnt an upgrade but it was an out of box 6.0 with the same symptoms

curlycord is right too you need to be running the latest version of EM

Thanks for the rapid response chaps!!Yes im running the latest version. I did not install this system but have now dicovered that the BT 2wire router that is on the same network as the BCM is running DHCP as well as the BCM!! As i cannot access the ip subsytem on the BCM i cannot turn this off. am gonna attempt level 2 reset tomorrow evening and program from scratch this time de-activating DHCP on the BCM. Do you think this will solve the issues??

yes i had the same exact thing it was very weird it seemed like anything IP was unaccesable

no dhcp server field
no ip subsystem

like i said i ended up replacing the HD to fix it

Goona attempt a level 2 reset this evening before I replace the HDD might as well give it a try

Did you load the Rls 6 factory image upgrade? If not, the level 2 reset will bring you back to the Rls you had it at before the upgrade.

SUCCESS!!! The level 2 reset has resolved all issues! After much fiddling trying to do this using the reset button, i went in via putty and did it this way. After the system had rebooted checked the fields i couldnt get into before and CallPilot manager and both worked fine. Loaded the rel 6 software and desktop patches back onand restored the core telephony and ip telephony from a previous config. Also turned DHCP off on the BCM. This has sorted everything out. Thanks to everyone who replied!! AWESOME!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back