Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 R6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlk53

Technical User
Mar 22, 2005
US
Have a new BCM50 R6. Cannot load keycodes or PEPs with my current Element Manager. Downloaded R6 cartridge ok. When I try to go Application Launcher, I get the BCM picture but the bottom piece stays greyed out. Have tried reloading Java to 6 update 24 and then back to 6 update 16. Still no luck. Anyone have any thoughts on how I get to Application Launcher to get new version of EM. I believe that is what my problem is. Does Ayaya keep latest EM on their site. I could not locate it. Thanks

Had this problem myself the other day. Using IE go to the IP address of the BCM. Select administrative tools you will see the element manager to download there. If you have multiple elements installed in your existing EM please make note of them as they will need to be created in the downloaded one.

Thanks dan617 but cannot seem to locate "administrative tools". Can you direct me please. Only one I can find is in Control Panel and no EM there that I can find. Thanks again

You need Java 6 version min 18 or 24 installed first.
This allows you to run the application manager.
when you run the applicatiom manger java should also run when loading.
You should see the java logo runing

If not check the pop up blocker at the top off your screen to see if it says " click here to run active x control etc......"

You should then get prompts to enter the username and password for your system

Enter them when prompted.

it can take about 2 minutes to load properly before the software downloads are presented.

Tried all of this . Just get greyed out area after seeing Java logo. Eventually IE freezes.

Thanks pkellow. appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back