Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 R3 Acronis image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igman1969

Technical User
Apr 8, 2007
CA
I am trying to image HD BCM50 R3 using acronis software.
I was able to image BCM450R5, BCM450R6, BCM50R5, BCM50R6 using the same hardware and software setup. R3 is giving me problems. Did anyone have luck with this?

It is not HD.I used same drive to create other release. It looks like image downloaded is bad. Did you ever do BCM50 R3 image?

I used Acronis 2011 True Image Home to recover 50r1, 50r2, 50r5, 50r6 to HDDs okay (to do a low level recovery). I did have a problem always with 50r3 with different HDDs which were okay. I raised a ticket with Avaya (101005-12329) who also tried it, and they also had the same problem. They issued me 7 files, which I managed to recover. They are in the process of verifying it, before releasing it General Available. Perhaps some issue with compatibility with Acronis??

Avaya's Work Item reference is wi00817134 (the new reference is instead of CR (change request)).

regards
paul

I don't know if you can afford to wait before they post it. If not, I'm not sure how to get these 7 files to you. Unless u are in UK?

Thanks Paul,
I will try to contact Avaya to see if I can obtain these files.

Hi:

I had this experience:
I had a failed BCM50 R.2 (Rel 1 upgrade to R2) by power outage.
I tried to factory default by reset level 2 unsuccesfully (I got flashing red).
I download BCM 50 rel 1 Imagen from Nortel Page and then I tried to load to HD by Acronis 2010 unsuccesfully.
(when I finished Acronis procedure I saw red mark in schedule task).
Then download BCM 50 Rel 2 imagen, and whit this version I saw green mark, and I can get back to live the BCM 50.
I used the same HD.

So, the HD must have the same version as Imagen.

Saludos...

JLMT//

pttech, if you need any references within Avaya let me know. I have the CSR and CR if this will help. Just need to dig them out.

the 50r2 image is not the same as 50r3. Morenot, your previous comment suggested you had a 50r2 originally, and restored a 50r2 from the tib file. This just took you back to 50r2, where pttech has a problem with 50r3 (as did I).

when I download the BCM50 R5 image, the part 2 and 3, I'm not able to unzip the file, I receive error from 7-Zip that the file is broken. With the part 1, no problem. And it's same think with the R6 image, problem to unzip the part 2.

Any idea ?

I found my problem, should take all the files and unzip them at the same time !

for 50r3:

FTP Server: ftp.avaya.com
Username: smbFTP
Password: 55ttRGHJ
Location: /incoming/guests/smbFTP/Design_Fileshare/Cagatay/BCM50_R3_Image

Hi Mr pkellow.. do you know where this file image is ,it seem the FTP below is empty ... if u know the newer location , i need 50r1

thank a lot !
Yvan

FTP Server: ftp.avaya.com
Username: smbFTP
Password:55ttRGHJ
Location: /incoming/guests/smbFTP/Design_Fileshare/Cagatay/BCM50_R3_Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back