Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 R2. Unexplained reboot & loss of CP & Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macoles

Technical User
Aug 14, 2005
US
Help!

Has anyone had the scenario where a bcm50 r2 does an unexplained reboot (taking 35 mins) twice in under 24 hours resulting in loss of hg setup and loss of softphone recognition. Also loss of softphone key programming?

Want to find out if this is a known fault or if any one has had any experience of it.

All comments welcome.

Thanks

Have you had any power problems on site?
Havn't herd of this before.
Put latest patches on or upgrade to rls 3.

No power problems tho the power light is flashing green.

Rls 3 not out here yet (UK offshroe site).

Looks like they are gonna swap out the unit for a new one cos its really playing up and lost some of the programming, including extensions attached to huntgroups!

All very bizarre.

I agree with replcement this sound more like a possible hardware fault than software.

Yep we had a full replacement unit. Just in time too cos their super' said to just try swapping the hard drive - too late new unit already in place. Phew!

Fingers crossed no repeat.

Thanks all for your input!

Glad you sorted issue, Your vendor must be great, some times you would have to wait a while whilste they go through the motions.

V lucky on this one!

They know me well and that I am trouble and work the system hard and use all the features.

I wonder who has the busiest bcm 50 in the planet? Wont be ours but its been busy the last few days. Think it had melted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back