Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 R2 incoming calls going to recep

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubycoo

Programmer
Jul 27, 2009
GB
A customers BCM50 R2 with latest patches has a strange problem that only started happening a few months ago. Incoming PRI DDI calls and h323 ip calls to just 2 extns occasionally ring twice then forward to 221. No forwarding is set, prime extns on target lines are themselves, DRT is off, redirect ring is off. It can be weeks without happening then just happens.
Thinking of resetting but wanted to put it out there first

But what is supposed to happen?

Line # is programmed to what set and rings to where?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Most of the time the calls go to the correct extn. However, occasionally, and there is no logic to when, the calls ring the extn for two rings then divert to 221 (reception).
I have checked all forwarding, line redirection, prime extns, everything I can think of

Are they on the phone when this happens? Give the DID more appearances?

Make sure your target lines are primed to the correct station (not the reception DN)

This happens when the phone is idle. Target lines are primed to their programmed destination

Make sure it's patched to current R2 levels and let it reboot. Those earlier releases had all kinds of troubles with trunks.

System 015 is the latest patch on there, which to my knowledge was the most up to date system patch

It is.

Agree on reboot.

I wonder if making the DDI Private to where it needs to be will help instead of Public.
Making it Private will also delete any association of that DDI with any other DN or Hunt Group etc in case that is what is interfering.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Will give it a try - thanks guys. I may also suggest upgrading to R6 for continued support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back