Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 "Not Allowed" Showing On Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

wchservices

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2010
GB
Hello,

Im installing a BCM50 rel.3 and seems that each digital set doesnt let any keys to be pressed and when you press intercom says "Not Allowed"

Can anyone help me, im sitting here racking my brains.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks From
Bill

Do you have keycodes for the digital sets?

What type of sets? What is the class of service on the sets? What features are set? Are lines configured on the sets? Are they configured as ACD sets?

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

Apperances should not be blank, image number 2. Is your Intercom keys set to 2 on all phones, and your prime line set to I/C on all phones?

prime line is to I/C, intercom keys are set to 2 on all phones and we cannot edit appearances or add anything here. All phones are saying "not allowed" still and phones will only let us work with telset admin. Please advise.

Thanks for all your help so far.

If you pick up the handset do you get dial tone and does the Intercom Key light up? Have you tried reboot?

is this an SRG system.
In one of your screen shots under RESOURCES it clearly shows Survivable remote gateway.
I know your keycode section does not show this so i am confused about this.

I have not seen this before

It used to be a SRG system, I then went to a nortel vendor and wiped all keycodes off it and reset it, removed the keycodes and then reapplied the new keycodes with analogue lines and digital sets. When you first log in, used to say SRG50 and now says BCM50r2.

Any help would be good.

I think the system still sees itself as a SRG which is why your digital phones aren't working. Once it becomes an srg it stays as a srg.

Unless u had Nortel remove the SRG keycode from the KRS, it would've still been there when u generated the keycodes for the digital sets.

Thanks for all replies, I have got it sorted, was beccuase the vendor loaded the SRG keycode and then removed without doing a level 2 reset, once I done this and loaded the keycode licence up all was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back