Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

htowndave

Vendor
Sep 28, 2004
US
I have BCM50 that needs a patch for alarm 31045, but I can't get the update to work. Is there a better set of instructions for applying patches to the BCM50???

Thanks.

What exactly is alarm 31045? I've seen that one before too and wasnt' sure what it was.

never mind...I was installing the patches correctly, but the 50 only took 1 of the 3. I applied the same patches to 3 other 50's today with no prob...must be a bad box here in the office.

As far as what the alarm is, well here you go...

BCM050.001-CFS- VERSION: 1.0 --- RELEASE:1.1
Description: Approximately 37 days after installation of a BCM50, if there is no system reboot (continuous operation without power cycling), the customer will observe the generation of a critical alarm on the BCM50. At this time, the ability to manage changes to keycode settings will no longer work correctly. All other system functionality is unaffected. This issue is caused by an internal open file resource leak that results in running out of system file resources for this process. The patch will correct that resource leak.
System Impact: Patch installation takes approximately 1 minute. All affected services will be running again within 3 minutes and the alarm condition will get cleared. The system will not reboot and other system functionality will not be affected during the application of the patch.
Severity: Major
General Information: It is recommended that this patch be applied to all installed systems and to new system installs. Transfer of the patch file and application of the patch can be done remotely using either broad band based connection to the BCM50 or by using the soft modem for dial up management access.

Patch is on Nortel's website...

Hey

I have the same problem that you have i can only install 1 out of the 3 patches, i check maybe my time and date where set the wrong way and everything is fine, anyone know why i cant install the other 2 and this you notice doing someting different when initializing the other bcm where the patch installation work great?

Thx

I cant even run the patch. It's in a ppc.umd Do i need a program to run them. On the Bcm 1000/200/400 it runs a exe file automatically.

I found the solution to the problem, actually it's not really a solution, more an anwser, i actually had version ***.J on the BCM so the support departement here check with nortel and they say that those patch are already include in the BCM so that why it dosent work, they dont know why one of them pass, anyway...

And for applying the patch you need to go into the BCM50 element manager, into Administration|Software Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back