Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 not using all available ISDN channels 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubdub

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2012
GB
I have a BCM50 with a 4 port BRI module attached. Currently there are two ISDN lines, so 4 available channels.
The problem is that the BCM50 only seems to be using 2 channels. If a call comes in when two people are on the phone the caller receives and engaged tone. If someone tries to make a call when two people are on the phone they are unable to get an outside line.

BT say there are no problems with the lines so I'm guessing the problem is with the config. I haven't used a BCM50 for a while so could anyone give me some basic steps (field names and values within the manager etc) to ensure the BCM50 is set up to use both ISDN lines and all 4 available ISDN channels. I won't be looking at the system for a couple of days so sorry but I can't provide the current config.

Also, does it matter what order the ISDN lines are connected to the ports on the expansion module?

Many thanks!

Just make sure they are all in the same line pool..usually pool A..

Test each line by assign line appearance for each channel.
That way you can see and test the channels

Thanks for the reply, I will check the line pools.

As mentioned I won't get my hands on it for a couple of days, could you tell me where in Element Manager I will find the options for assigning the line appearance, so I know where to look when I'm there.

Thanks

Telephony/Lines/ActiveLines

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks for your replies. Turns out a BT enginner had been working at the site and somehow managed to dislodge one of the ISDN cables from the BCM50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back