Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 no message waiting indication / weird mwi

Status
Not open for further replies.

crankyralph

Technical User
Apr 22, 2008
CA
Just installed a new bcm50 and the mwi is acting really strange.

You can leave a message at an extension, but the message waiting does not come on; no light on T-series, or display on M-series.

When you log into mailbox, message is there.

Then things get really weird: when you log out of the mailbox, the indicator comes on like it should.

??????? I need a drink........

I too am experiencing this problem with a BCM450 R6...will try to get the SU patch file referenced earlier in this thread. Anyone else seeing this on BCM450?

I have a site that is having this problem on a BCM 50 Rel 6. They were patched up to System 009 patch. I applied SU.System-010.201204 today hoping that it has the fix. Strange that system 008 seemed to fix Rustymutt's problem.

Seems I may be in the same boat as pccal. I continue to have this issue despite installing all patches (up to SU11 right now), AND replacing the hard drive at one site.

I'm waiting for it to happen again (usually does once or twice a month), and see if it is only the M7310's that have the problem. Working on a list of firmware on the phones to see if I can track it down in the meantime.

Could anyone shead some light on the phone models and firmware levels they have where SU8 resolved their problem?

I've not been called back to my site for any issues, since installing the previously mentioned patch.
We had M7310, T7316e style phones.

Yeeaaa...the more I think about it, it doesn't apply just to one model of our phones.

From speaking with an Avaya dealer he mentioned it could be my backup interfering. Apparently something happens in CP around 2am that will reset the MWI. My backup runs at 2:30am, so I can't see this being an issue unless this process occasionally takes more than 30 minutes. I see nothing in the logs @ 2am, note that I only have access to whatever is in the BEM app or CP website - so just regular consumer access.

I also read something about the Record A Call feature can cause these issues. I DO remember playing with this some time back in both offices, but disabled it before this problem started occuring.

Toggling the MWI feature on the user's phone on a day where we have issues doesn't make a difference either.

Perhaps anyone whose issue has not been resolved by SU8 and above (they all contain the necessary Voicemail 62 patch), could shed some light as to whether or not they have similar config? Backup times...ever used record a call feature, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back