Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 no message waiting indication / weird mwi

Status
Not open for further replies.

crankyralph

Technical User
Apr 22, 2008
CA
Just installed a new bcm50 and the mwi is acting really strange.

You can leave a message at an extension, but the message waiting does not come on; no light on T-series, or display on M-series.

When you log into mailbox, message is there.

Then things get really weird: when you log out of the mailbox, the indicator comes on like it should.

??????? I need a drink........

Is this occurring for ALL mailboxes?
Providing that you have each mailbox programmed for Message Waiting
I would suggest re-booting the system

Make sure that you checked the "Enable Message Waiting" box on each mailbox and that the correct extension is entered into the "Extension" field.

UPDATE

Reboot cleared the problem - couldn't reboot when they were open.

Thanks all. Never saw that one before.....

That same issue was discussed a few months ago.
BCM50 rel6
I had the same problem.

If you log into the mailbox and log back out again the indicator came back on.

Reboot fixed it. for a short while.

I am not sure if a patch had come out to fix it yet.

I had 2 sites with BCM50 R6 have same MWI issue. Reboot or restart voicemail service will fix it but not for long.

Always learn from someone, something or somewhere......

MC

I thought I saw one of the patches from May-June had a fix for that.

I just installed a R6 BCM50 today, and none of the T7316e, or M7310 phones are working with the message waiting indicators. I don't have a clue, as this is suppose to be working by default. Help!

Do a backup and then try a system restart....or reboot...NOT A RESET....I had this problem and a reboot corrected the problem.

Came in early this morning to reboot and the BCM50 R6 is now working for MWI. Go figure

reboot, restart voicemail or backup all can temporarily fix it but not for long, it will be back.
Avaya is working on it...let us wait

Always learn from someone, something or somewhere...

MSG is not working again. Avaya has an issue. Lets hope they fix it, and make the patch available to everyone who needs it.

Just wanted to chime in that I am also experiencing this issue in two separate locations. I have no idea why it started occurring all of a sudden, that's the frustrating bit! Very coincidental that they both started experiencing issues within a few weeks of each other.

Smart update 8 was just released this month. I'm putting it in tomorrow morning. They currently are on SU3. I only find that this issues happens with ATA2's, but I think it's deeper than they know.

Today I installed the Jan. 4th, 2012 SU for BCM50 R600.
After wards the MWI was working much quicker than before. Total time was 60 from start to finish, including backups. 1 reboot at the end of the install. Appears to have fixed my issue.

I went to the Avaya ESPL website and there is no Jan 4th 2012 SU released. Where did you obtain the new patch from so I can try and resolve my customer's issue with the MW lamp.

BCM050.R600.SU.System-008.201111-2 was the zipped file. I got it from a my Avaya dealer. I had to ask for this file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back