Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigaic

Technical User
Feb 8, 2006
GH
I will be installing 2 BCM50s with VOIP over a WAN, but I am testing at the moment and have connected the 2 to a LAN via LAN port 1 and configured their LAN IPs as 192.168.1.2 (unit 1) and 192.168.1.3 (unit 2). I have also set up destination codes (5 for unit 1 to route calls to unit 2 and 6 for unit 2 to route calls to unit 1).

On target line 125 (unit 1), I set up private receive # as 6221 and also on target line 125 (unit 2), I set up private receive # as 5221.

Any ideas why I am still unable to call from one system to the other will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
George

Set them in the public received field - the private received field only works if you have the SL1/MCDN keycodes on both systems.

Thanks for your help Biv343, but I have set them in public received field and it still does not work. Is there any parameter that I need to set that I may be missing? What should the public network type be (national or local subscriber)?

Thanks

On my BCM1000 I have to set :
Services/IP Telephony/IP Trunks/H.323 Trunks/Remote Gateway
The settings here identify the remote systems for voip.
Thanks
Larry

I got it at last.

Had to set Destination digits (6 22 on unit 1 and 5 22 on unit 2)as follows:

Configuration-Resources-Telephony Resources-Remote Gateway-Destination Digits.

However, for every DN I dial for the remote system the call rings on the remote prime DN (221). Any ideas?

Thanks
George

It sounds like public received length is still incorrect.
try changing it again.

Use your BCM monitor and ensure you are routing the call out of the bcm and getting to the destination bcm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back