Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 LINE PROGRAMMING

Status
Not open for further replies.

actionmadman

Technical User
Nov 5, 2012
GB
Hi, I have a BCM50 R3. using isdn line 061 and 062 extn 221 will ring but all other sets will not. I have assigned
all installed sets with app & ring for line 061 and 062. can anyone please point me in the right direction
to get all installed sets to ring and answer

Well you say ISDN lines yet Lines 061 and 062 are for regular Analog lines...are you sure of what you have for lines from the carrier?

Some things to look at...

-Do feature * 0 and press the buttons on X221 to see what actual line numbers they are on the display
-Go into X221 and what lines are assigned
-Make sure when a call comes in those lines flash
-Go into lines and at the bottom under the Assigned DN's tab you will see what DN's are assigned and if A&P etc.

Otherwise if you are sure they are 061 and 062 you have programmed the other sets correctly.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

I think your lines might be ISDN2 (BRI). They are treated in the same way as analogue trunks as they both use lines 061 to 064 on the main BCM unit.

Assuming that you have BRI trunks, then you may need to configure target lines for each extension so that incoming DID (DDI) calls will ring the extension phone.

Usually the first extension (221) is set to receive all calls where DID calls can't get to any valid extensions.

Set up your target lines first, one target line per extension and then make sure that they are assigned.

Also look under the first tab in Element Manager to find out if your BCM is a BCM50 or a BCM50b system.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I assumed in that case then Lines 061-064 are on a first come fist serve basis?
i.e if you do not install 4 Internal Analog Trunk key codes but only installed a BRI module then the BRI lines will start at 061?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Hi, the system is a BCM50B and i am using ISDN2 lines all phones show the linse rining but cannot answer

As per above you need to go into the reception set and see what lines are programmed using this method in Element Manager:
"Go into lines and at the bottom under the Assigned DN's tab you will see what DN's are assigned and if A&P etc."

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Hi Curlycord, lines 061 and 062 show sets 221 - 227 app&ring and are a member of line pool A

Ok try going into Lines/TargetLines and look to see if any digits (such as part or all of you phone number/s) are entered under the Pub Received # column.

If there are high-lite that row then again look at the bottom for Assigned DN's.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Target line 125 has our number (339507) but no Assigned DN's

Sounds like it was not programmed and resorting to the "Prime Set" under "Target Line" 125

Remove lines 061 and 062 from all sets and assign Target Line 125 instead.
Note when you add a target line you can add as many appearances as required.
So if you have 4 channels (4 calls allowed on your circuit) then you can add 4 appearances of 125.
Normal only done on the reception set where the rest of the sets is Ring Only so that is comes in on the Intercom only.
You then Park calls and retrieve those parked calls from anywhere by Intercom 101 etc.

Note if you use Auto Attendant:
-that you must make sure Auto Attendants ring count under line 125 is shorter than the FNA ring count under each set or somebodies mailbox may answer the call after X rings.

Or just a mailbox answering:
-that the FNA ring count at each set is shorter than the FNA ring at receptions DN or somebodies mailbox may answer the call after X rings.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Hi Curlycord,
all working now, thank you very much for all your help

Leigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back