Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 - Line is muted when customer calls in on cellphone to phone system

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCQRX

MIS
Feb 26, 2019
US
Good afternoon,

I'm hoping somebody may have an idea of what is happening with my customer's BCM50 system and hopefully there is a suggestion that can fix it.

Here's the problem: when a person calls into the system from a cellphone, most of the time the BCM50 system seems to be grabbing the line somehow. The customer calling in can hear the person answering the call, but the person answering the call only hears silence. We have had several complaints from customers having to call back 3 times to get a call through without the BCM50 causing the silence. Is the BCM50 thinking somebody is dialing into the system somehow?

Any ideas as to what is happening and how to fix this problem?

Thanks for the help!

The BCM is the call processor so of course it will "grab the line" and direct it to a set or sets and "somebody is dialing into the system"
Sorry but both those comments do not make sense to me so pretty hard to answer that.

Go to site and test with your test set to see if the same issue where it's silent one way.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back