Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

mroberts

Vendor
Mar 22, 2002
US
Hi guys,

I have a BCM50 that has a red alarm light and a flashing green light.....and I can't get into it. Anyone happen to know what that light sequence means, off hand?

Thanks
MRoberts

MRoberts

I believe that means Alarm detected, system not ready for service.

Have you tried power cycling the system yet?

Yep, it's not coming up.. I have rebooted a number of times, I have disconnected the expansion module (just for grins) and booted back up... same thing.

How do I clear this?

Thanks for the assist!
MRoberts

MRoberts

Make sure that you have the LAN cable unplugged from the unit. When it starts to boot is it getting to a certain place and stopping or is it rebooting over and over?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

I disconnected the LAN cable and rebooted again. It get to a certain place and stops. Red light, flashing green light. Can't connect.

MRoberts

MRoberts

Try using the other power supply. I have never had the power supplies to be a problem but its worth a shot. It seems to be getting stuck.

If you have a current back up I would attempt a level 2 reset.

It for some odd reason just came up all on it's on but I still can't hit the IP address. So I'm going to do a Level 1 reset first and see where that gets me.

Thanks
Melissa

MRoberts

You can't log in? I have heard that there have been some Rls 2 systems that from Nortel the default password does not work. Someone was able to get in by turning Caps lock on and using the default password.

The error message says that it cannot detect the device.. not that the user ID or password was incorrect.

But I did a level 1 reset - No go
Did a level 2 reset - Still no go.

Now, I can't remember whether or not I have been into the system since I upgraded it.

Any more ideas?

MRoberts

Since it's not coming up after a level 2, i suspected a bad
hard drive. The 2.0 image is not still available for the bit image toll so i would suggest you to take the hard disk of a spare bcm50 and give it a try before ordering one from Nortel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back