Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50: Lamp flashes on all sets for incoming call

Status
Not open for further replies.

gozoliet

Technical User
Feb 11, 2010
BCM50 with T7316E phones, all phones have the incoming lines on their display, and all incoming calls are routed to receptionist.

When a call comes in to the receptionist, her phone will ring, but the red lamp on all the phones goes off as well. It is annoying for some who don't care if a call comes in that's not for them.

Can we turn this off?

Not if you want to maintain the line appearance on the phone.

If a line is set to appear only and a call comes in, it flashes the indicator next to the line button and the red light on the display.

Remove the line button appearances.

This way the phone will only flash when it receives a call for its own extn.

If they want a call appearance to simulate the lines then use SWCA keys.

You can set uo say 4 appearances on each phone using
f*521 for call 1
F*522 for call 2
F*523 for call 3
F*524 for call 4

do this on each phone.

So when a call is put on hold you can use these buttons to hold the call and the other extns can see the held call.

These are visual call park buttons.

You cant use them to dial out because they are not line buttons

Could you put them in a pickup group and tell them to hit call pickup if they hear that particular set ringing?

Thats what I did at a customer of mine.

Can someone please explain SWCA to me, though. I see the options in my BCM but I dont know what it does.

It's like parking a call but it puts it on a button or buttons that are program to the sets so it is showing when it is put on hold by the main phone. So it can be pick up call on line 1. This is done mostly for DIDs because it does not show on hold on multiple phones. It does with SWCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back