Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Keycode Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcodog

Technical User
Jan 1, 2007
CA
I have a relatively new BCM50 R5 I just installed a month ago and am trying to just load another UM license. I've generated the new license file in KRS. It is the correct sysid, system is fully patched to current R5 levels, I'm using EM from an R6 system (it's the same EM I used to load the first license file) but it still says "invalid keycode file". Have rebooted several times but still get the same issue. I've searched the Nortel website as well but found nothing helpful.

Has anyone else run into this?

It might be wise to download the latest version of Element Manager and re try loading in the revised keycodes. Another idea is to manually input the keycodes on the screen rather than inputting the *.lic file.

Finally, if you had any try n' buy parameters activated in the past, the you may need to get your keycode regenerated without the try n' buy licences. I think this was a problem on some systems.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

As I said in my original note, I am using the EM from an R6 unit so my EM is newer than what's on that R5 box. It's also the the same EM I was using when I loaded the original sequence 1 file.

No try-n-buy either.

So, anyone else seen this?

Any upgrades, patchs or changes to system in between licence 1 and attempt at 2? Are sequence and key numbers correct? Sounds like a miss match somewhere.

Had the same problem with a switch last week. I was unable to load the keycode manually or via software. Had to do a level reset. After the reset I could load the file, switch worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back