Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 / i2004/KIM Installation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

george66

Technical User
Jun 29, 2006

I've had two problem. When trying to re-install the i2004 after upgrade to Release2, the KIM unit could not be programmed to display additional lines ... the KIM did light up and could be programmed for speed-dial numbers and a few other things, but not line appearances. We have 8 lines and the i2004 is only showing 5 ...thus the need for the KIM.

Also, while attempting to get the KIM to work, the i2004 itself got wiped out ... now it is saying 'New User" or something like that, and asking for a password. I don't have the password for the i2004. Thanks for any ideas.

As for the line buttons on the KEM, you need to go into programming and make it an enhanced KEM. Then you can put line buttons on it. I have never seen new user on an i2004 before though.

bluemer --

When you say "go into programming" do you mean in Element Manager or on the phone itself?

The KIM started working ... thanks ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back