Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Forward Calls to External #

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbaits

Technical User
Aug 7, 2013
US
Hey everyone,

I'm in need of assistance on forwarding calls to an external number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) at scheduled times. I was looking at scheduled services but i'm having a hard time finding where to forward to an external number. On the IPO's I forward it to a phantom user and that phantom user is setup to forward all calls to external number automatically. I need it to be

Monday-Friday

12:00am - 7:00am

Saturday

12:00pm-11:59pm

Sunday

12:00am - 11:59pm

Thanks much!

Forward a set to your desired number then add that set to your service mode.
If unsure of programming then best to call in a tech....routes and dest codes must be setup as well.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

You can also try using the Call Pilot and a CCR Tree to do this. If it's the same number just set it so at those times AA answers the line you need it to. Then have an Exxternal Transfer setup within a CCR Tree for that table.

Oh yes forgot about that...CCR as Home Transfer Node

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Yes i saw that in the CCR tree. I will take a look at it and read up on it. If i have any questions ill post it.

Thanks for the help!

Ok im a little confused on the greeting tables. I want to setup the "AA" to hit the CCR Tree from 12am - 6:30am Monday-Friday,

Then on Saturday start at 12:00pm all the way to Monday morning at 6:30am. I see the Morning, Afternoon, Evening and Non-Business. I assume I setup

I see where I need to add the table to the PRI Lines "095-117" (probably don't need all of them but a couple).

You should have a Target line that your number comes in on. This is a virtual line that rides in on line 95-117. You need to find out what the Target Line number is, should be 148 or higher depending on your software.

MICS Programming
Then you’ll set up Night Service for Auto mode with a Ring Group on the phone system for the times & days you want AA to answer. I would use Ring Group 2 or higher because by default all lines are members of RG 1. So if this is the only line you want to affect then you need to assign it to a different RG.

Then make the Call Pilot main DN the only member of that Ring Group.

Call Pilot Programming
If that’s the only Greeting that will be playing then you don’t have to worry about setting up times and days in the Call Pilot portion. All you need is to set up the schedule in the Services of the phone system above. Then build your AA & CCR Tree and assign it to the table.

Then during normal hours the calls will go to where they go now but when the system goes into Nights AA will answer and send the call to where you pointed to with the CCR.

Hope this helps.

Ok, I found the main target line to the location (Target Line 125). I'm using a BCM50 R6, I see the "Routing SVC" in the Scheduled Services, I see "Morning, Lunch, Night, Schedule 4, Schedule 5, Schedule 6), Morning, Lunch, and schedules 4,5,6 aren't being used (receptionist has a ringing service button for the night ring which is being used). I'm going to be working with Schedule 4. so i assume you set this to auto? How does that work with the "routing SVc". I see the ringing groups, I chose Ringing Group 005 (Has only 1 DN which that ringing group is not being used anywhere) How do i make the Call pilot DN or figure out what the call pilot DN is? I'm in the mailbox list and i see "Genera_Delivery, Number 1000) and (System_Manager, 1002)??

Ok i found the VM DN # in the BCM monitor (its group DN 2287)

Hold on if the attendant already has a night button she presses to control the line then all you really have to do is build the greeting and make the Call Pilot Dn part of the ring group that is already built. If the Attendant controlls more than the 1 line you wnat to do this with then yes you'll have to build another service like you said

Ok this is what I got so far

- Scheduled Services -- i used "Evening". Made the necessary time schedules for Monday-Sunday
- Set Routing SVC and Ringing SVC to "Auto"
- Ring Groups
- Ring Group "005" Members: 2287 (VM DN)

Call Pilot

- CCR 1
- Created a CCR Transfer Node, Caption: Transfer to XXXX
- out dial method: Route
- phone number: 9xxxxxxxxxxx

- Greeting Table 20
- greeting: 20 for morning, afternoon, evening, non business.
- CCR Tree: 1 for morning, afternoon, evening, non business
- Checked Disable DN Dialing for all

I tested out the Greeting (it's default says "one moment please" which is fine not a big deal before it transfers) and CCR Table to make sure the AA was able to dial out (used a DID they don't assigned it to the AA) and it worked. So the dialing out portion is working to the external #.

Now the final test is to make sure the schedule services is activating at the appropriate time (which starts at midnight and ends at 7am).

Quick question, since our receptionist has a "Night Ringing Service Button", which activates our "ringing service" which is set to manual

Will that ringing service override the schedule services that I have set?

Thanks a bunch!

The receptionist night ringing service is under "Night" schedule

-Service Modes on the phone system is only to tell what devices to answer and when.
-Scheduled times on the voice mail system is to tell which greetings to play at what time.

There is no actual relationship between the two.

In your case/setup Service Modes (night) will only direct lines to point to X2287 and that's all!
What you program on the voice mail side under Table/Schedules depends which greeting will play when.

It is usually the norm to program Service Modes (phone system) to take control and point the calls to vmails DN at 5pm and for vmail to play the closed greeting at 5pm based on the scheduling in Table.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Go to Controll Sets for Lines and make sure she does not controll your line and you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back