Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Find Me Follow Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

riteeh

Programmer
Mar 2, 2004
CA
Hello,

I have an extension that I would like to activate FMFM on. I have tested FMFM and have it properly placing an outgoing call using a H323 trunk to another BCM system. We have analog lines and the extension in question has 8 line appearances, of which only a single line is set to ring and appear.
I would like to have FMFM ring the other BCM via the H323 trunk if a call is to come in on the analog line assigned to the extension in question only. No other lines (the appearances set to non-ringing) should activate FMFM.
In testing, if I call the extension via intercom FMFM activates as expected. Likewise if I call the line set to ring/appear it works as expected. However, if a call comes in on any of the other lines (set to appear only), FMFM will incorrectly activate and ring the far end via the H323 trunk. I have checked the other phones to ensure there is no case where this extension appears on a set where the line appearances are set to ring. Is this a limitation of FMFM? If so the feature isn’t very useful.

I appreciate any and all suggestions!

I do believe that FM/FM will activate whan any call is directed to the set. It's been a while but I think it works similar to when you forward the set under busy conditions. ANy call to the set when any line is in use will go to the forwarded location. Your testing seems to bear that out. Do a bit more controlled testing and you should get your answer.

Will do, thanks for the reply.

It seems crazy to me that a set with non-ringing appearances of lines (they are there for out dialing and to see if they are in use by other staff members) would not discriminate from when a call is received on an appearance, intercom or ringing appearance. The intercom and ringing appearance I can see being treated the same but the non-ringing one is very odd to me.

I was wondering if I could accomplish this in another manner, possibly using a physical phone with only the desired line assigned to it, however since FMFM is configured in CallPilot I don’t believe I would be able to get the ringing line to the correct voicemail box (and likely this situation would require an additional mailbox seat).

Upon further testing it appears that I cannot make FMFM only activate on ringing lines. It activates on ringing and appearances. Does anyone have any suggestions on how this could be overcome as I only want to activate it for a the single line that appears on a DN in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back