Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Expansion cabinet not being seen by the main BCM50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Bisaillon

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2016
CA
Hi,

I have a BCM50 that has correct keycodes to supports 2 Expansions.

I have also a Expansion BCM50. That one has a shielded 1m network cable that goes in the bottom connector of the expansion (that one light up with green lights) to the third network slot that is on the main BCM50. Except that one doesn't light up. I did tried with another network cable, same result. I did plug a computer directly in that port and the port light up.

I need a total of 8 Analog lines.

Any idea ?

When I log into the Business Element Manager, it doesn't need the Expansion unit but in the keycode it says that it will support 2 units

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=98ccf661-773d-4a39-aaf7-cb30e02ca6b8&file=BCM50.jpg
Sounds like a power supply issue for the expansion cabinet or the expansion cabinet itself.
Does port 4 light up if you try it?

Did you tell the Resources that there is an expansion cabinet there and telling it which module you installed?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

I think we might have managed to solve the problem. The BCM was originally a release 1.0 that is now updated to a 2.0 system. The BCM 50 does now see the expansion DSM module in Element Manager, but it's only showing "enabling". I think this might be because there aren't any digital phone plugged in.

I also noticed an error in the date and time which I corrected. Just waiting to hear back for an update.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

curlycord

Yes, if I plug a laptop in the port 3 and 4, it light up , bue either for the expansion unit.
I did change all power adapters already

Yes I did select in the main unit the model of the Expansion unit

:(

True you need a set plugged in for it to enable....however I did not know that would also wake up the LED's.
I was not asking about the laptop plugged into the port 4 but rather the expansion cabinet.

Is this fixed?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Hi, I did try port 3 & 4 with the expansion unit, same result.

Actually, my only concern is to get 8 analog lines instead of 4. I don't need extra set

Do I still need to plug another set to make the lines works ?

In Element Manager under Telephony Resources does it say Expansion 1.2 is enabling?

Assuming it shows something like:
Expansion 1 4X16MBM
Expansion 1.1 GATM4 Enabled
Expansion 1.2 DSM16 Enabled

You shouldn't need to plug in a second set....not even sure you need to for just "lines"

Are you not getting dial tone?
Did you program lines 065 to 068 to a phone?

If you go under Active Lines in Telephony does it show all 8 lines?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Hi, I do have dialtone for of all 4 lines. The main unit gives you 4.
The Expansion unit will allow me to add 4 mores lines, but in that case, it doesn't seems to communicate.

I do have the mention you explain but it stall at ENABLING ...(See pictures)

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=af24e8b9-5704-4641-b5dc-47090a79f40c&file=unnamed_(4).jpg
I am talking about the new lines not the first 4
You told Expansion 1 that it's only a DSM16....that is only for 16 digital phones.
You need to confirm which module you purchased and installed inside the expansion cabinet.
Look at the front in black writing.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Oh .. it's actually DSM16+
So that explain all of it !

Thanks for your support !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor