Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 - Enable Global Mailbox Out of hours 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProNotion

Programmer
Jun 1, 2010
GB
I am a freelance web developer by trade but a client who recently had a BCM50 phone system installed has been left in the lurch as the company who did the instllation has gone bust.

I have managed to muddle through a lot of what they needed however one thing I am stuck on is being able to direct calls to a global mailbox out of hours. I can login to the mailbox (100) from inside the office by dialling feature 981 but what I cannot work out is how to turn it on and off at specified times or even manually.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

U need to program a nite key on the reception desk and create a ring grp for nite ringing service.

I'm not familiar with these systems and don't work in Telecoms so are you able to provide a little more information on how I can obtain the DDN for the global mailbox so that I can add it to a ring group?

Please also(if possible) advise how to program the nite key.

Is the general delivery mailbox associated with the receptionist? If so, you need to go into services, ringing service and turn night to manual. You will then need to add the receptionist only to ring group 2. Then assign all lines to use ring group 2 for night. (under the line assignment tab in ring groups) Finally to put the night button on the receps phone, press feature *3 press an unused button (preferably with a light) then press feature 871.

Assign the vmail pilot DN to ring grp 2 instead of the reception DN. Vmail pilot DN is found by dialing feature 985 from a set.

bluemr2, thanks for the great advice I am making headway I think however...when attempting to turn the night service on from the receptionists phone I get a "Denied in admin" message - any ideas?

Secondly, how do I assoicate the global mailbox with the receptionist phone as it is a small office and each individual does not currently use personal voicemail.

Thanks in advance.

Is the receptionist ext 221? The control set for the lines must be the same extension that the night button is on. Did you change the ringing service for night to manual?

Yes the ringing service for night is changed to manual and no the receptionist is ext 207. I am unsure about what the Control Sets really are and how to configure?

Under /telephony/Sets/Active Sets all DN's in the office are set to Control Set 200 including the receptionist phone however I have no idea what or where the Control Set field realtes to.

You need to go into lines and change the control set for the lines to 207. Control sets tell the lines or extensions which night button to be controlled by. So as of now, all the lines are looking for a night button on extension 200.

And as Dasheen mentioned, put the vmail extension in ring group 2 not the receptionists extension. That way the call will immediately go into vmail, and not ring extension 207 first.

Thanks bluemr2 for the further help. Changing the control set on the lines to 207 allows me to press the newly programmed button and select the night service which when I press OK seems to confirm and then a few seconds later says "Access Denied" - any ideas?

Thanks for sticking with me on this.

Yes, all other services are already set to manual (evening and lunch). Should I change them to something different?

Just as a quick reality check have you been able to gain access to the BCM via the web gui/element manager tools?

Find out what the IP address of your BCM is on the local network and visit that IP address via the web browser of your choice.

You should be presented with a Nortel Branded page that will give you access to things like Call Pilot, Element Manager and mailbox manager etc.

The reason I ask is that the tools on this page give you a great deal more control over your BCM than you can do via the handsets

Yes I can access both the installed Element Manager on the server and login via the web gui which is not overly intuitive.

I don't know if this will work or not but it's a guess.
Have a look in Element manager at Telephony/Application DNs.
Find out what the DN is for your mailbox.

You can then do feature 4 and divert the calls to that DN at the relivant time of day.

I personally use something called Call Pilot to manage a CCR tree (Custom Call Routing).CCR trees are basically the tech behind the automated answering that ask you to press 1 for this and 2 for that etc etc.

The CCR tree enables me to divert to diffent numbers and different times of day.

You could have a look in Call Pilot and see if any CCR tree's have been set up already and modify them. In this case it's simly a matter of pointing the CCR tree to the mailbox DN out of hours.

If you have call pilot and no CCR tree set up, it might be an idea to try it.

If you DONT have call pilot I believe it's a bolt on that costs extra so we might need to find a way to do it via Element Manager- which is beyond my expertise.

Sorry I can't give you a definative answer but I'm new to BCMs and I'm just trying to help where I can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back