Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 CallPilot - Default Greeting Does Not Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

2dfx

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2013
CA
OK so I have my CallPilot configured with a CCR tree and have recorded a default greeting. The problem is when incoming calls on the trunks hit the CallPilot, they hear "The person you have called is not available" and then my custom menu announcement plays. I have business hours set properly, the greeting is enabled yet callers still hear the error message. What am I doing wrong here?

It's best to post your query on the BCM forum

To answer your question, have you created a target line to go to the Call Pilot application voice messaging DN?.

Your incoming trunk would need to point to that target line.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Well there is no "default" greeting.

3 places to records the first part or all of...
AA/Greetings
AA/Table/X/AA Menu Prompt
Path 0 of a CCR Tree

I will guess you recorded at AA/Greetings
but then AA/Table/X/AA Menu Prompt is enable and kicked in afterwards.
If so, what I always do is is got to AA/Table/X/AA Menu Prompt, make it "N", then press REC and record a second of silence, that should shut her yapper.

The BCM forum covers the Callpilot portion of BCM too, it's just that it has more visitors lurking to help out.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Sorry for the long delayed reply.

To clarify things here's what I have programmed and what's happening:

2 greetings have been recorded under "Company Greetings". #1 is the "Hello thankyou for calling" for normal hours and #2 is the "we are currently closed" for non-bus hours.

A recording has been made for CCR tree #1. My issue is that when you dial in, the BCM picks up and the Nortel lady says "the person you have called is not available" then proceeds to play the greeting for the CCR tree. It never plays the company greetings even though they are selected in the greeting table.

Beyond that, during the playback if you select nothing during the CCR tree prompt, it ends up dialing the prime set. I would rather have the AA boot the caller.

Hopefully that clarifies the issue. I am really starting to wonder if has something to do with how the BCM is handling the call on the incoming VoIP trunk.

VoIP Trunks should not be an issue.

Check BEM:

Config/Telephony/Sets/All DNs
Look to see if a DN is set to "Fwd All" to voicemail, then check in CP manager to see if there is a mailbox for that DN, if so then remove CP's DN from the field and check Fwd No Answer is programmed correctly or delete the mailbox.

Config/Telephony/Global/Feature Settings/Delayed Ring Transfer make sure it's set to OFF or a high ring count as not to conflict with all other timers/ring counts.

To fix the "boot caller" in CP Manager
If you do not prompt callers to press 0:
-change the DN for Atdt in Table X and in Operator Settings.

If you do prompt callers to press 0 then state the DN of reception instead, or setup path 8 (if available) to Trsf/Int/221

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back