Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 call pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneColdphoneman

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
US
I have BCM50 line 61 is been pick it up by AA after 4 rings and menu plays fine.
The problem is that if some one is on line 61 the second call is going to ext 231 mailbox.
Where should I look to correct this problem?

Sounds like there is a Hunt Group on your line. Meaning that when it is busy, it will ring another one.

If that is indeed the case, you will need to add it to the AA, route it which way you deem fit, or call the carrier and tell them to break the Hunt Group.

I do now about the DID hunting but what’s happening is that the 2nd caller is going to call pilot voicemail mailbox 231, the other 3 lines 62, 63 and 64 do not have AA associated.

I do have ext 231 set to go to voicemail after 4 rings or if it’s busy but why is line 61 poining to ext's 231 VM box when busy.

another line has to be ringing on the system and it is going to the mailbox - does it go to vm immediately and only if u r on ext 231? if so u have call forward busy enabled at that set, assuming the lines are ringing at that set - the rest of the lines must be set to be picked up by the AA just as you did line 61-

Firstly, dial the 7 digit # for line 62. It will probably do the same thing it's doing when you call the 7 digit# for line 61 while it's busy. The calls are Hunting from Telco.

Secondly, line 62 is probaly ringing on a set that is forwarded to Vmail or is Forward on Busy to Vmail.

Line 62 is ringing on 8 phones and 7 phones do point to VM how do I make line 62 to just ring and not point to VM I only want line 61 to point to VM.

There is no easy answer: Calls ringing on a DN are gonna follow that DNs programming no matter if incoming direct, off AA, transfer from other DN. The easiest is have the AA pick it up then put it in a Hunt Group, or use park and page. We need a little more info on business requirements to give a solid answer.

You could turn off CFNA to those 7 DNs and make people use Ftr 986 to send a call to Vmail. You could have the single set that doesn't forward to Vmail ring super loud and have the other 7 appear only.

Bottom Line: You need to provide more info, or take these ideas and run.

OK here it is.
I have 4 lines line 61 is the main number that people call, all other lines are just to handle extra calls and outgoing calls.

What I want to do is to have line 61 only picked up by AA after hours and play menu and then point the caller to the mailboxes of the 7 phones.
All 4 l lines appear on all 8 phones and main line 61 rings and appears on 3 phones.

I would suggest checking the Prime DN of the lines and see which sets forwarding the lines follow.

Also make sure you have at least 2 intercoms on that set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back