Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Auto Attendant & Target Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberprog

Technical User
Sep 30, 2009
GB
Hi All!

I'm trying to configure my auto-attendant to answer a Target line - I'm sure I've had this working previously, but need to test on a target line before adding it to the physical lines we want a message playing on (we have some PSTN's at this site which we don't want to lose the numbers of currently, but are paying redirect charges atm, so want to encourage people with a message to update their phones!).

The Target line is 139, I've added it as an Auto-Attendant answered, 2 ring line in the Callpilot Manager. I have configured that to point at a CCR, which then plays a message and transfers the call to the hunt group.

However when I ring it, I get a busy tone. The Target line has no Assigned DN's, and no Prime Set. If I set the Preferences in Element Manager for "If Busy" to "to prime" it transfers the call, but it plays a message before this. If I add the Voicemail DN (375) to the assigned DN's it still doesn't work.

Slightly tearing my hair out here... what am I doing wrong!

Cheers!

Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media
Telecoms, Networks, Hosting, Alarms, CCTV etc.

Yep, must be ok as it works when the "If Busy" is set to "to Prime"

I did look at the config of our other BCM which had the Private Received setup, and tried to replicate that, but that doesn't seem to help when that is set to 375.

Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media

but it plays a message before this."

More details? what message? is it not AA?

Did you test with another Target Line?
Is the Target line "active" with your carrier and not just "reserved"?

Make the target line private, then change back to public and see if that helps.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Erm, it says "the person you have called is not available", and then it kicks it into AA.
Testing with my Bristol BCM shows I just need to configure the Target line in AA, nothing else.
The target lines are DDI's on my PRI, and there are spare channels - indeed I can see a channel light up for the call in BCM Monitor.
I've swapped them to DN:375 and then back to Public, with no avail (no Private option available)

Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media

Just to update, if I assign a DN with a handset on it to this Target Line, it does ring, but does not go through to AA

Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media

Sounds like the target is told to ring at some DN in the system and that set is told to either FB or FNA to vmails DN yet there is no mailbox programmed for that set.

Again:
"Make the target line private, then change back to public and see if that helps"

That will help the above issue.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

How do I make the target line Private? I have (under line type in element manager) DN:* and Public - that's all.
How would I be able to tell what DN the target line has been told to ring at? There are no DN's assigned to it in Element Manager.

Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media

just log onto auto attend and set target line to be answered on x number of rings , line does not need to be appearance on any sets

The Target line is 139, I've added it as an Auto-Attendant answered, 2 ring line in the Callpilot Manager."
That says he already programmed it I believe.

"How do I make the target line Private? I have (under line type in element manager) DN:* and Public - that's all."
I am not sure why you cannot change Public to Private, never heard of an issue where you could not.

"I have configured that to point at a CCR, which then plays a message and transfers the call to the hunt group."
How did you program that exactly?

Running "BCM Monitor" might help see where the call is going.

Program as (try another target line in case 139 is corrupt):
AA/Lines/Line140 Answer = yes, 0 rings(2 rings only needed for POTs lines to get the caller id)
See if your main greeting answers right away and that you can then call internal DN's

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

A SILLY QUESTION BUT DO YOU HAVE AN ACTIVE TELEPHONE SET ON EXT375 AS WILL NOT WORK IF SET TO TRANSFER TO AN INACTIVE STATION,ALSO YOU SAID CCR SET TO TRANSFER TO A HUNT GROUP, WHAT PATH DID YOU SET TO TRANSFER?

Good thought, cant tranfer to an invalid DN or a valid DN that has no mailbox.

"If I add the Voicemail DN (375) to the assigned DN's it still doesn't work."
What assigned DN's?

This is why details of programming are important.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

@fonegal - That's what I've done, no sets on 375, that's the voicemail DN on this system.
@curlycord - yep, tried on two different Target Lines, but no joy. There are no assigned DN's on that Target Line.

I'm going to try and schedule a reboot on the system - I've not looked at it since before xmas now anyway :)

Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media

Right, a reboot doesn't seem to have helped, still at a loss as this works on my other system!

Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media

I'm running into a somewhat similar issue posted here. Did you ever get your issue resolved? If so, what was it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle

No, never solved this one. One of our BCM's behaves as it should, the other does not - identical software revisions etc.

Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media

What is the "Prime set" for the PRI? I have always made that "NONE" If 221 is the default Prime set of the PRI then the calls could be getting sent to 221(or whatever is the first ext on the system is). In the programming of the Target line, there is a "Public" & a "Private" received number,are they the same? If so remove the number from the "Private" and make the Prime set NONE also. Change your number of ring to "0" instead of 2 that way the system is not looking for the "Prime set".

Yep, no prime set, and it's private number is empty. No change with ring of 0 or 2.

Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back