Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 and Valcom Paging System Bell schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPJ1228

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
US
This will be my first time setting up a bell schedule for a school that has a BCM50 and Valcom 2924 Unit. Does anyone know of some good reading material on this? I can't seem to find any anywhere. Any input would be great.

The customer is wanting to have the bell ring between each class on a daily schedule. They have an IT guy trying to set one up now but isn't having any luck. Now I was called but isn't that familiar with them.

If they want the BCM to ring the bell they need to ring a set or a trunk at the pre-determined time.
The BCM will not do this on its own.
You can associate the bell with a trunk or a station.

-SD-

Valcom and I believe Bogen make programmable timers that can connect to the night bell input of the page amp, or a tone generator which is connected to the input of the page amp. They can be programmed to ring at various times throughout the day. They're typically used in factories to signal the start or stop of a shift, break time, or whatever.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll have to try and play around with it.

I remember years ago setting up a time clock signaling for a wharehouse.

It had nothing to do with the Norstar. It was from the Time Clock contacts to the Paging Amp.

This should be your scenario with whomever the Bell signaling Mfg is. Separate contacts could be as simple as hooking up a tone generator to it. The Bell signal mfg. is determining NO or NC contacts & its timing cycles.

I did hear somewhere about APPP (Advanced Paging Productivity Pack)for the BCM50R3. Suppossedly you could set up pre-recorded announcements through a schedule. You could also add wired callboxes that could be used for assistance hooked into digital ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back