Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Analogue lines disconnect slow (call pilot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wchservices

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2010
GB
Hello, Ive finally got my BCM50 working after weeks of struggle and great help from people on here. You people are life savers when it comes to BCM's.

Anyway Im not sure if its a setting I need to change. As when call pilot takes the call, whether you leave a message or just hang up, it takes lots of time to give the line up. If you leave a message, hang up, it takes well over a minute to disconnect the line.

I wonder if there is a stetting or something im doing wrong here.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind Regards
Bill

Change your lines setting from "unsupervised" to "supervised".
Ask your Telco if "disconnect supervision" is enable on all your lines.

Thanks for you reply.

As Im in the UK, I dont have this option. All I have is

Loop unguarded
Loop guarded
Earth Calling

UK setup needs lines set to Loop garded on the BCM
Telephone exchange(Telco) need to set the lines to 500ms.

When I use loop guarded, the lines do not work, they say not in service.

Right seems to still not disconnect fully, when a person hangs up when you have them on hold, it doesn't disconnect the line.

Both sides must match the correct settings.

BCM: loop garded= 500ms

Service Provider: eg BT,virgin C&W
Telephone exchange OMC settings for the line need to have Disconnect Clear time of 500ms.

This needs to be set up in order for the line to release quickly.

If its at LoopUNgarded then there is a delay in releasing the line from the voicemail.

Also when you change the line settings on a BCM there is a delay of at least 3 to 4 mins for the MBM card to reset its self..you will hear the clicks on the card as it goes through this process.
Give it time and wait for the dialtone to be detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back