Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Analogue Lines Built In? (Pic Attached) 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look under keycodes and see if internal analog has any number other than zero.

Physically (in terms of hardware), it's a BCM50 with analog trunks, not a BCM50b with BRI trunks.
To check whether you can use them, do as cook1082 suggests: check the keycode licences.

Thanks I shall have a look and see.

I looked and says 0,

I have keycodes:
SRG
BT Race
BRI Loop
NCM BCM50
LANCTE Seat 1

What now, will I need a GATM4 module?

It's strange that you have BRI Loop, because there's no BRI card on this system. Perhaps the licences were transferred from a 50b system to your system.

To get analog trunks working, you could put on the licence for Analog Trunk. They're much much cheaper than getting (Expansion Unit, GATM4, Expansion Licence).

Are you sure they're the licences that are on the system? If so, then I guess the system was used as an SRG50, not a BCM50.
In this case, as far as I know, you'd need to level-2 reset the system to get it back into bcm50 mode.

Since the system is apparently a SRG based on the keycodes, you don't need to license the analog trunks separately. When the SRG keycode is applied, the system has all analog trunk and station ports, as well as both expansion ports unlocked and available for use.

Yes thats right, somewhere I did see SRGLOC. Under BRI Loop, there was a NO.2

If I level 2 reset, will this wipe everything off, as I dont have any keycodes for this or software.

Thanks for your help. I really do really appreciate it.

What does SRC stand for? and will I still need to do a level 2 reset?

O and also how many lines will my system support?

Guess this what SRG50 means:

SRG50 leverages the BCM50 main unit and expansion units (up to 2 per system with one media bay module each). The installation of the SRG50 keycode on a BCM50 main unit enables support for:

Up to 32 IP stations (in increments of 8)
24 IP trunks
4 analog stations
4 analog trunks
12 digital station ports (for use with Analog Terminal Adaptors for analog station ports only)
2 expansion ports
MCDN

If I level 2 reset, will this wipe everything off, as I dont have any keycodes for this or software or in light of the information on here, what would I do?

Sorry for all the questions people, but how do I know how many analogue lines are on my system?

Yes if you do a level 2 reset you loose all your keycodes and SRG mode by the same time.It will become a Bcm50 basic with no ports activated(stations and trunks).

SRG means surviable remote gateway. This is an extention of a PBX with IP sets that register to the PBX so if the link is lost it reverts to a local mode and can dial out localy.
It also uses limited features on the BCM.

Would it be better for me to remove the SRG keycode as im using it in a small firm with analogue lines.

If you are going to use it for a regular phone system then yes reset it but you will then need to purchace key codes for the digital sets,12, analog trunks 4 max,and Nortel will have to purge the SRG key codes from their system so you can enter new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back