Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 - Adding 3rd party IP phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guyger

Technical User
Jul 15, 2009
CA
Hi guys,

I've got a BCM50 and I'm trying to add an Aastra 6731i IP Phone to it. I have the required IP seats (8 in all), I've got a PoE switch and the phone does get an IP address from the BCM 50 (it shows up in the DHCP lease tab)

But that's all I get. Viewing the BCM50 with BCM monitor, the phone doesn't use up an ip phone license, and the phone display shows "No Service"

I've tried to configure the phone to the best of my knowledge, but I'm missing something.

Can someone please help me? What info do I need in the phone? Where do I tell the phone the IP of the BCM50? Do I need a username/password to connect to the BCM50? I tried many different options, but now I don't quite know what do try next.

Thanks in advance!
Guy

It wont work it has to be a Nortel set no third party yet!

ah ha ha ha ha... I should have known, darn Nortel and their propreitary hardware... no wonder they're in bad financial shape...

Hey Nortel, if you're listening, get with the program already!

Guess they still win, now I've got to order some Nortel IP Phones!!!

lol...

thanks for the reply cook1082!

By the way Nortel is not Nortel anymore they are Avaya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back