Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 6.0 call pilot class of service

Status
Not open for further replies.

larry312

Vendor
Sep 12, 2003
US
I have a customer that uses ICC, DN 345. I have class of service (2) set for max message time of 15 minutes, but when I checked activity it shows between 85 - 95 minutes use each day and they can hardly keep up. I also have it set to delete messages after 5 days but that's not working either.
What am I doing wrong?

It sounds as if the DN 345 has more than one mailbox attached to it. Have you been through all the activity records for all mailbox's?.

Also the query on deleting after 5 days, does the user listen to the voicemail message from the BCM phone or is it via email through a *.wav attachment etc as using just the latter option won't tell Call Pilot that the message has been read and therefore the mailbox will keep on filling up with unread messages.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website =

Is that the control DN for the CC. A MB is made for the control DN.

Thanks for the replies.
Firebird: They are just logging into MB 345 from their phone. There is no indication of DN 345 on any other user DN.
Are you saying that the messages have to be played before they are automatically deleted?
This is a state office where people will call in and leave the same message two or three times a day and they don't have the manpower to keep up.

Cook: Yes, it is the control DN for ICC.

To be clear and that you understand it is possible to have a mialbox # tied to any DN, therefore the MB # is not always the same as the DN #.

Make sure programming states Mailbox 345 is associated with DN 345
Try F980 and see if you can leave a message in it to prove that theory.

I mailbox does not auto delete like Call Log, instead "this mailbox is full"

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

curlycord:
Yes, I understand that. I built a mailbox for DN 345 which is the control DN. In COS I set it to purge messages after 5 days.
I called the site and had them F980 & they were able to leave a message.
I also do not get why after I set max message time for 15 minutes, it continues to take messages for up to 95 minutes.

Ok good.

As for deleting if you meant Message Retention Period (Purge as you now say) then it should indeed, I thought you meant auto delete when MB is full.

COS 2 (or even numbers) is Alternate Language, I don't know but if a system is set to non bi-lingual will those classes work?
Can you try another class such as a Primary one?

Starting to sound like the COS has an issue.

When was lat time system was rebooted?
Have gone through alarms to see if anything abnormal?

May restart the Callpilot service if not rebooted recently.

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

thanks curlycord
I will be onsite tomorrow. I initially had it on the primary COS but its been almost a year since I set up the ICC and I went back and changed it to it's own COS a couple of months ago to allow for shorter message time.
They have since temporarily absorbed manpower from a different office which has their main number remote call forwarded to this site and their call volume is thru the roof.
As far as the delete/purge issue, this is my first attempt in my twenty years of Nortel/Avaya work that I actually convinced someone to let me try one, so my terminology is a little off.

"As for deleting if you meant Message Retention Period (Purge as you now say) then it should indeed, I thought you meant auto delete when MB is full."
Is message retention only for messages that have been played? Because they delete them immediately after retrieving them. That's the real issue they have, clients call and leave the same message over and over and they just keep piling up, it would be great if the "Mailbox is full" would play so they could catch up.

I called the admin person and walked her thru the mailbox info and it is set to COS 3, for some reason I was thinking it was 2.
Hopefully it's just some small detail I overlooked, I will post what I find. I'm too old to be embarrassed by just about anything.

I don't know about retention, I have a feeling it's both heard or un-heard as I think that's the way it is with the big brother Callpilot.

They should have the greeting state something like "please wait 24 hours for a response"

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

This a state DHS site and they are advised that their call will be returned within two business days, but they still keep calling.

Here's what it boils down to in my opinion. A few months ago, due to a fire, these two sites were temporarily combined which more than doubled the call volume, and they don't have the manpower to keep up. They get nearly a message every minute.
When retrieving messages it plays a message "your mailbox is full please delete any unwanted messages", however, clients are still able to leave new messages.
The site that burned is being remodeled and they will be leaving in mid February, so they are just going to put up with it.

Last stab
Go to Reports then try both Mailbox report options, search (Ctl F) for Mailbox Full

Are they doing F981 and entering password or using OTHER, 345XXXX?
Sounds like the classic General Delivery is full and not associated with the correct DN.

You may need to disable GD and make sure the reception sets are the Alternate Ext's to 345 in 983 and make sure they are not associated with any other mailbox.

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back