Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 6.0 Alarm 11502- System out of memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

canflyguy

Technical User
Jul 25, 2018
CA
This system has this alarm coming up about every 4 to 6 days. When the system was on the customers site, I would come back to it after not seeing it for a while and I couldn't get into it via Element Manager. It would just sit and spin for about 5 minutes and then give up. I did find that if I moved the front window while it was attempting to get in, it would show something like "unidentified type" on the background window behind the primary window. The unit has been temporarily replaced with another unit and the original is sitting here on the test bench with only the repetitive out of memory alarms? I'll likely drop back this week to see if the other one has locked me out again after having run on-site for a while.
Any Ideas?

Do you have a response or update as requested for this thread?
Please update threads and not leave those whom help hanging.

Thanks

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks for updating.

2 things that might fix Alarm 11502:
-Reboot
-Make sure you have the latest patches, in this particular case System 022 patch.

See FAQ's for list of latest patches

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

That patch and the other latest patches are in place. The system is entirely functional, so that's why I haven't rushed back out there to continue testing. I'll likely be back out there in the next couple of weeks to take a backup and see if it transfered to the replacement system that was put in place to see if it's in the software that was done through a backup or if I need to wipe the slate clean and start over.

I get occasional System out of memory alarms on a BCM 50/R6 too. It is fully patched.
Doesn't seem to affect the running of the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back