Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 3.0 and existing 8X24 Door Phone compatibilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deweyhumbolt

Technical User
Oct 22, 2007
US
I've changed out and existing Norstar 8X24 with a new BCM50 3.0. It's an urgent care and in great need of it's Door Phone for 24 hr. service. I can see the Door Phone in Active Sets (M7208, as before), but the Ftr9*4 is Inactive and nothing will ring it or Voice Call it, and no communication. I have to change out one of these a week for three more weeks.

The other three are MICS, will that make a difference? Will the DOC still work, or is it the Door Phone release. I'm looking stupid and I don't like it.

Thanks for any help!

"Adversity is Opportunity

You need a BST doorphone for the BCM's. The old Norstar doorphones will not work. Not sure about the DOC.

the doc should be fine but the doorphone has to be a bst model...been down that road a few times.

I am believe you cannot use ftr9*4 to program with a BCM you will have to go into Element Manager you should see door phone when you get the proper hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back