Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bcm450

Status
Not open for further replies.

madasahat

Technical User
Mar 14, 2007
GB
being released q3/q4 this year 300 ports up to 300 tdm or 300 ip phones or a mixture of both same cards as bcm 400

I caught something on the PIC yesterday as I was adding a product to My Products. I found the Business Communications Manager 450 on there. Do you know what the box will look like?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS

it will look the same as a bcm 400 as far as i know i will try and get a look at one and advise

Have you seen any specs on how many PRis it can be equipped with?

I believe it can handle at least 120 ISDN30e channels,
incidentally it supposedly has a much improved meet-me conference bridge; around 80 or so, but the pdfs aren't out yet.
The redundancy probably only extends to the power supplies at time of writing, but will include redundancy for hard drives in subsequent service updates, allegedly.

I believe it will handle up to 6 PRI's and the only hardware change will be a new BFT with a new MSC card. I will be at the DAC next week and if I get any more info I will post it.

TEP19630 (and others) - I am guessing that most information on the BCM450 would be under non-disclosure at this time. Posting information to this forum would be in violation of that non-disclosure and would definitely be frowned upon by Nortel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back