Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 Will not boot 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds8475

Technical User
Apr 27, 2007
GB
Hi
I am trying to set up a second hand BCM450 (with UBOOT version 1.2.2).I can access it via hyperterminal and watch the Console messages. It can see the hard drive but says

**Unable to use ide 0:1 for fatload **
## Booting image at 00500000 ##
Bad Magic number

I thought that was the Hard drive corrupt so I reimaged the hard drive but this made no difference.
I have also noticed that it says

RTC Clock Needs to be set

but I wouldn't have thought that would stop it from booting

any Ideas?

Your thread mentions "IDE" (Unable to use ide 0:1 for fatload). Are you using a SATA drive? What type of drive is it and also the capacity.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Hi it's a WD 160GB Sata (WD1600AVVS)

Hi I have tried a different power supply this morning but I'm still getting the same. Also yes it is the multi image BCM 50/450 Software.

The unit does not get to the point of being able to login via hyperterminal/putty. As soon as it complains about "Bad Magic Number" it exits to a prompt. You can enter commands at the prompt but there doesn't seem to be an initialise/login command?

Thanks for your help guys but we ended up returning it as it we was not getting anything through the OAM port and therefore couldn't initialise the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back