Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 SIP TRUNK PROBLEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr001

Vendor
Sep 11, 2008
US
Hi,

I have a BCM450 with 6 SIP trunk licenses installed. when i configures a sip line the calls would come in on line 5 and then roll over to 6 then it would ring busy so it wasn't using lines 1 through 4 for inbound, i could however dial out on 1-4.
I tried unconfiguring the lines and reconfiguring them 001-006 which worked fine, the calls would then roll in 1 through 6 normally .
A couple of days later it started to come in on 3 through 6 so i could only get 3 simultaneous calls.
I did the same; unconfigure and reconfigure and that returned it to normal again.
a few days after, same thing; back to calls coming in on 5 and 6 only and so on..

Any idea why the system is doing this?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Sorry i forgot also i have some Alarms 51103 Call rejected, due to all 6 keycoded trunks being in-use on the DS30 interface
Although this is not true cause there are only 1 or 2 calls in when we get this alarm and we have a 6 trunk license.

Hi, i don't even use the sip trunks and I keep getting 51103 Call rejected, due to all 6 keycoded trunks being in-use on the DS30 interface and 51102 All 8 keycoded trunks are in-use on the DS30 interface.

Can't find anyway to disable them!! really irritating!

any ideas?

You really need to make sure that your system is patched current, especially as it relates to SIP trunks......especially if its anything lower than release 6.

Yes the system is fully patched .

And to the poster that doesn't use them; you can disable by going into telephony and unconfiguring the voip trunks.

Who is your supplier and how are these trunks delivered?

Is it just through a DSL or does the supplier use MPLS or something else.

How much bandwidth do you have for them?

The ISP is bell 6mbps down and 700k up DSL with only the system on it and the Telco is Primus .
When i reconfigure the trunks from line 1 through 6 the system work great and uses all 6 trunks.. it's after a few days or sometimes weeks i have to redo that deconfigure and reconfigure of the voip module on the bcm for all 6 to be used again if not the calls will sart coming in on position 3 or 4 .
Thats why i think its more at the BCM level and not the ISP or telco.

It sounds like the BCM SIP trunks "get stuck" in some non-idle state. That's probably why you see trunks 3, 4 and so on used instead of trunk 1. If my guess is correct, restarting the VoIP Gateway service should clear the condition (i.e., instead of reconfiguring the trunks, just restart the VoIP Gateway service). If the service restart helps, you'd have to likely contact Avaya support to get help (the problem would be likely caused by some interoperability issue with your SIP trunk provider).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back