Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 Rls6 and alarm 11300

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitelD

Vendor
Mar 21, 2006
US
Every minute a minor alarm is generated along with an information event that says it recovered. It is alarm 11300 which says, "2.51 Local Power 0.9V Over 1.00 Flag". Event 11002 says, "Local Power 0.9V Recovered". Has anyone seen this?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

I have the same problem going on. I have a customer that has a BCM450 R6 with redundant power supplys. I have tested the power at the power strip. It measures 116.7 volts.

You Should be reading around 119V .. Do you have the system on a good UPS ?

When I check the manuals, the Electrical Requirements says "The supplied power must be a dedicated 110 V to 120 V AC nominal (or 220 V to 240 V AC nominal), 50 to 60 Hz, 15 A minimum service with a third-wire safety ground. The third-wire safety ground provides shock protection and prevents electromagnetic interference." If I understad that correctly the 116.7 volts would be acceptable. Any other ideas?

If you have the unit with dual power supplies and dual power cords, you could power down one unit at a time and see what happens. Do a backup first though. Been caught there before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back