Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 reboots daily at same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjk78

Programmer
Mar 21, 2007
US
I have a customer who's BCM 450 R5 is rebooting every day between 16:58 and 17:00. There are no scheduled reboots assigned and the patches are current as of 5/16/11. Tried a hard reboot and problem persists. There are no errors in the logs before it reboots and no other issues. Any thoughts?

Its probably the building itself, maybe that outlet is on Emergency power conected to a generator?

I know the BCM 50's have a REBOOT Scheduler whereby you can tell the BCM to reboot daily, weekly or monthly. I'd look for that on the 450..... Bet that's the key!

It is on a UPS so it's not power related. And there's nothing scheduled in backups or reboots. I'm afraid I may have software corruption that's going to require a level 2 reset of replacing the HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back