Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 R6 - IP set randomly de-registering and re-registering

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECartman

Vendor
Jan 22, 2011
IE
Hi Guys,

Started having an odd issue with IP sets de-registering and re-registering a few seconds later. There are about 70 sets in total mixture of IP200X and IP11XX

There is no pattern that I can see and there is no reports of any other weirdness.

Has anyone come across something similar ??

All sets or some?
If some then are they on the same switch?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

All sets over the course of a few days. About 10-15 per day will drop off for a few seconds then re-register.

They are split across 2 Cisco POE switches. I have checked the switches and all looks good too.

I'm guessing that the IP sets are connected onto a BCM system?. What events are listed in the Alarm section?.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

Sorry, should have mentioned BCM450 R6

No events, related to this or anything out of the ordinary at all. Just the usual, backup completed etc......

You mention the IP sets de-registering and re-registering a few seconds later. Is this actually happening or are they just losing connectivity?. It might be an idea to see if you can provide a few IP phones directly off the BCM if possible to determine if the BCM or data switch is causing the problem.

Firebird Scrambler

Website

Maybe also the patch cord from BCM to Switch.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Yeah it is happening. I seen it for myself. Phone doesn't lose power. It just displays "connecting to server" like as if the system was rebooting, but it is just 1 phone at a time and random.

I have a monitoring agent pinging the BCM at regular intervals to see if it loses connectivity, but all good so far.

I will swap the patch cord, just in case. However, I'm thinking the network should be good, or I would be hearing of other issues with call quality or calls dropping etc...

What are the BCM patching levels and when was it last rebooted?.

I think these were the last Avaya patches below

PATCH ID: BCM450.R600.SU.System-022.201412-1 Category: GEN
PATCH ID: BCM450.R600.SU.Desktop-005.201406-1 Category: GEN
PATCH ID: BCM450.R600.UTPS-138-1 Category: GEN
PATCH ID: BCM450R6_FactoryImageUpgrade-1.02-0 Category: GEN

Firebird Scrambler

Website

Last rebooted about a week ago when issue first confirmed.

Last patches -
BCM450.R600.SU.Desktop-004.201304
BCM450.R600.SU.System-017.201304

I'm fairly sure that there were a number of IP Phone improvements at the last system patch release 022 and the PATCH ID: BCM450.R600.UTPS-138-1 had newer phone firmware.

Contact us if you need more assistance

Firebird Scrambler

Website

Thanks for the advice guys.

I will keep you posted on how I get on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back