Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 R6 frimware upgrade problematic on 1165e 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocRobotnik

Technical User
Mar 29, 2012
CA
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii THERE ! :)

Here an other annoying bug i discovered.

The BCM always automaticly on connection upgrade the frimware of my 1165e to an SIP frimware....
as far i know the bcm don't support SIP ?!!?! so i really don't understand why the bcm always do this... this is very annoying i need always to re flash it in TFTP and disable the service of UFTP in the bcm.

Unless someone here will tell me that BCM have top secret SIP feature, beside of this possibility i wish to find a way to stop the BCM upgrading that phone. My only solution that i have is to connect the hard drive in a redhat linux computer and delete the 1165eSIP.bin manually.

But i'm looking for a idea less wild.

Thanks!

I don't have an answer for the i2007.

I played with SIP sets on my BCM50, but as curlycord wrote SIP wasn't fully developed on the BCM platform.

I didn't want to make my sets SIP, I was just testing to see if I could duplicate your scenario. I do use SIP firmware when testing an Asterisk.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

I recently upgraded my 2007 phone from the BCM50 OK using the latest UNIStim software that was released for the CS1K.

What version is your current 2007 at?

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks ! i will try it this weekend, because just to add a file in that BCM is a process abit complicated, need to disable the RAID first (Because Linux will not want to mount a partition in RAID mode)
shutdown connect to an other pc with linux mount do the modification, reinstall in bcm boot re-enable RAID restart.... annoying process.....

But from that i learned the BCM don't have a real OS, the BCM have integreated a U-Boot firmware this is the one who really boot and after mount the partitions of the HDDS and runs services, in fact this is not a OS it's a ... Group of SERVICES running. More closer to a switch than a PC.

Yes I agree where jumping to a higher firmware and skipping others may not always work.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Hi ! I have news !

I know this is not releated anymore to the 1165e, but the 2007.

Like curlycord say, 'jumping to a higher firmware and skipping others may not always work' This was indeed the problem ! So i tryed those firmware in order...

0621C4P.bin
0621C4T.bin
0621C6H.bin
0621C7D.bin

And it work !!
Thanks for Suggestion and a star for Curly & Firebird !

Mike

* ACCESS2.INI RULES - BREAK THEM AND ACCESS WILL NOT COME UP
* THE GOOD THING HERE IS THAT YOU CAN STOP SUPPORTING A KSU
* BY JUST REMOVING AN ENTRY - KOOOOOOOOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back