Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 R6 300 Station Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dibthree

Technical User
May 3, 2006
US
Has anyone hit the 300 station limit?

What happens when you go to configure station 301?

In this case I have the digital port free but becasue we have so many IP phones it will be over the 300 station max.

Probably no resources for voice path or set just may not come up.

I don't believe the 300 set limit is a hard limit, rather a logical one based on average usage, etc. In a low usage environment you may be ok but since you're so close how about configuring the digital module and try to surpass 300? Keep us posted.

agree with oldestgeek...I believe an engineer told me they worked with a business that had well over 300 and was working great...

the 450 capacity was initially designed to go much higher then 300, don't remember exactly the count. If you notice the BFT has spots for two more CEC cards. Apparently it was abandoned due to crossing into the CS1000 territory.

I still question the fact that you still would only be able to add one expansion cabinet. They probably would have leaned toward IP sets and several DTM's.

Oh well....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back