Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 - Questions regarding problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfrey

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2015
US
Hello,

We currently use a BCM450 in one of our offices and are having some issues with it. We have noticed dropped calls (although no when checked we had no packet losses in our communications). Some users have noticed there phone will not dial out, one has a problem that her screen will go blank momentarily and then come back on and the phone call will resume. Another the phone randomly will go to speaker phone while she is on a call using the handset. ODD!

In efforts to try and fix this issue until we come up with another more permanent solution I am contemplating replacing the BCM with another BCM450. However I cannot find on my current unit the sticker that states if its an R1,R5,R6. What are the differences?

If I were to purchase a new/used BCM450 the programming of it would keep me until next kingdom come. It has roughly 10 years of programming in it. Could I take my current BCM's Hard Drive and use a duplicator and copy its contents into a new HDD that I would put in my new BCM450?

Any thoughts/ suggestions welcome.

Thanks!!

This sounds a little odd replacing the whole unit. I would try out some other options first. Do a backup to another computer and USB stick.
Log in with Element Manager and then go into "Administration", then "Software Management". You should see a sub heading called "Software Update History". In there will be where the patches are located. You can also find out the release of the BCM 450 system.

Print off and post the details here so that we can see if you have the latest updates installed.

As for the problems with the phones, what type are they?. Are they IP sets or wired phones?. Have you got the model numbers?.

I'm assuming that you have also checked out the Alarms under "Administration" and "General". Your problem might be exchange line related?.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

When you open Element Manager usually your system name and system software version will be displayed right on the log-in screen before you log in.

BCM 450
Release 1

BCM 450
Release 5

BCM 450
Release 6

I agree that you should try patching the system but if you do plan on replacing it, there are some killer BCM 450 deals on eBay with lots of licenses which can most likely fit your needs and possibly even add some additional features for you.

Could be corrupt software - do a level reset then restore from backup
Power Supply going - replace
Hard Drive is going - replace and restore from backup
BFT is going - Replace

I agree, check alarms!!

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor