Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 PRI Route 000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brison

Vendor
Apr 2, 2007
US
I am converting a BCM450 from copper trunks to PRI. I was not able to assign blocA to route 000. Built 001 using 8 to dial out (it would not let me choose 9). We will be getting rid of the copper lines.
Can I assign route 000 to blocA in order to allow users to use 9 to dial out?

Thanks for replies. It's been about 9 years since I've dealt with this, so it's a bit rough. We have not yet ported the lines from the old carrier so the customer is still using Pool A and the PRI has a test number associated. BlocA seems to be functioning properly using dest 8. I'm guessing that I will be able to release Pool A from route 000 when I remove the lines associated with it? Currently, I don't see how to alter the dest number (i.e. I am not able to make Pool A use 8 and BlocA use 9).

In Element Manager under Telephony - Dialing Plan - Line Pools you should see 9 assigned as the access code for pool A. Just edit the 9 to 8 and that should release the 9 to be used as a destination code to point at route 001 which is programmed to use BlocA. You'll find the destination code tab under Telephony - Dialing Plan - Routing.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

RESOLVED: Dialing Plan - General: change external code from 9 to none. This allows me to use "9" for a destination code under routing.

**PRI does not give dial tone. Under routing-second dial tone added 9 to give the user the 'dial tone' they wanted.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Brison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back